• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun Smith

Lt Pinkerton

Dude I was totally about to start the same thread. I doubled checked and squirrel is right we picked Martin 27th and Smith went 29th, he is bigger, younger, and actually played corner in college I think. He also just made a great play against Braylon Edwards. Imagine if we would have gotten Smith to go along with Munnerlyn, the secondary would be pretty deep. They definitely dropped the ball on that one, typical FO project player like Godfrey and Thomas Davis (that one worked).

Dude I was totally about to start the same thread. I doubled checked and squirrel is right we picked Martin 27th and Smith went 29th, he is bigger, younger, and actually played corner in college I think. He also just made a great play against Braylon Edwards. Imagine if we would have gotten Smith to go along with Munnerlyn, the secondary would be pretty deep. They definitely dropped the ball on that one, typical FO project player like Godfrey and Thomas Davis (that one worked).

He also had great ball skill in college. I was one of the many who complained about that move the next day. I hate the excuse of hindsight when almost everyone on here if they had seen the two of them play would have gone with Smith over Martin. They converted TD into a damn good player so now they think there genius' and can do anytime. Hurney and Fox's ineptitude is why they will not be in Carolina next year.

reasons the panthers gave why they took sherrod

1.Position versatility

2.the school he came from is turning out good DB

3.his size and speed.

4.panthers along with some draft people felt he would do best in a cover 2.

...so far he is not living up to were we took him...maybe hurney shouldnt have fired those two scouts..lol

just a side note here, but seems that a lot of successful coaches are going for players good at one thing and putting them together than players who are versatile...

with that note, Shaun Smith missed a lot of tackles... I went in and out of the game, and wasn't paying attention to him, but when I was, this is what happened... FWIW...

he is in the game, so I guess that's better than Martin being injured...

Archived