• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think We Can All Agree That Dave Gettleman Was Fired For Standing Up To JR

bobsfoodbasics

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe not, but the story that's out today makes it sound like this wasn't exactly a secret within the building.

You'd have to expect that guys like Gettleman, Morrison, Beane and maybe even McDermott were aware of what was going on, and all will probably be questioned by the league.

Who knows what they'll say?

Honestly,  it's just all disappointing. Richardson's actions will now make people question the character of anyone who has worked in the building, and question whether he had these guys' tacit approval.  I can't say what type of guys these are,  and that's unfortunate because it could easily be a case of them wanting to keep their jobs. 

This is all just really distasteful. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe not, but the story that's out today makes it sound like this wasn't exactly a secret within the building.

You'd have to expect that guys like Gettleman, Morrison, Beane and maybe even McDermott were aware of what was going on, and all will probably be questioned by the league.

Who knows what they'll say?

Honestly,  it's just all disappointing. Richardson's actions will now make people question the character of anyone who has worked in the building, and question whether he had these guys' tacit approval.  I can't say what type of guys these are,  and that's unfortunate because it could easily be a case of them wanting to keep their jobs. 

This is all just really distasteful. 

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Let's go down this rabbit hole when deeper

Let's say OPs assumption is right

You think it's possible Gettleman is the one who sprung the leak into this investigation? 

Hard to say.

The question of who leaked the info that spurred this story is certainly an interesting one.

Could be Darlington if he's the scout involved.

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was actually planning on looking that up.

The weird thing is that not a word has been heard out of Gettleman this season.  Not a single, solitary word.

Now that might just be because Gettleman is a classy guy and lives by the old-fashioned "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra.  I still find it kinda odd thought that DG seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.  Which is why I don't immediately discount the possibility of what the OP mentions here.  If DG was present or privy to this alleged racial incident, he might be one of the many that have received that farewell check attached to a non-disclosure agreement.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

The weird thing is that not a word has been heard out of Gettleman this season.  Not a single, solitary word.

Now that might just be because Gettleman is a classy guy and lives by the old-fashioned "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra.  I still find it kinda odd thought that DG seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.  Which is why I don't immediately discount the possibility of what the OP mentions here.  If DG was present or privy to this alleged racial incident, he might be one of the many that have received that farewell check attached to a non-disclosure agreement.

My take, if anyone thinks JR is the only owner who behaves this way, that would be very naive

gettlleman loves the league and ants to work again 

he knows running his mouth is a death sentence in this industry 

whistleblowers are seldom rewarded. They become pariahs 

Archived