• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB of the Future, and Fox's Job Security..

DelhommesTheMan

Thats exactly what im saying, would Fox look at Quinn, Vince Young, Kolb, anybody who may be of help to us in the future if he isnt going to be here...If we had a coach with job security maybe he would take a chance on one of these guys while they are their for teh taking. Fox has no reason too because he might give 2 shits what happens when he's gone..Thats the problem with having a lame duck coach!

Fox will do what he thinks is best for the team. I heard him on Sirius and by his accounting of things he doesn't think he is on the hot seat and said that worrying about his job or believing he will be fired doesn't even cross his mind. He said it isn't how he thinks.

This was in reference to the report that he told a friend that he thought he would be fired. Still he was supposedly on the hot seat in 2008 and that didn't stop him from making bold moves in the draft and building the team as if he was going to be here for another 7 years. He will do whatever he thinks they need to do and whether he is on the hot seat apparently won't play into it.

Maybe Henne from Miami...he is looking pretty good.

As for Fox...no playoffs - no job

no man what you're seeing in Miami is the Henne project coming to fruition. that's the QB they were giving the reigns to after Pennington retired/left/was released this coming offseason anyway.

I would figure that the results of trading Orton and Cutler would have answered the question regarding which is more important, the quarterback or the system. Orton's mediocre performances in Chicago and great play in Denver convince me that a great system can make decent quarterbacks look very good. Orton is 8th in yards and 10th in passer rating at 97. Compare that to his 2 full years in Chicago where it was below 80.

I think that if Jake had a better system around him and better overall talent in receivers (excepting Smith) he would be doing much better than he is. People say that the current system is made for Jake but I am not convinced. When our running game is great, it works. But like it is now, we end up in third and longs way too much. That is surely not Jake's strength. Secondly once Smith is doubled, who do we really have to go to? Moose is not who he once was, and we have no third receiver. Our tight ends are decent but surely not exceptional. Plus many times they have to stay in as do the backs in order to block to make up for the porous line.

I would figure that the results of trading Orton and Cutler would have answered the question regarding which is more important, the quarterback or the system. Orton's mediocre performances in Chicago and great play in Denver convince me that a great system can make decent quarterbacks look very good. Orton is 8th in yards and 10th in passer rating at 97. Compare that to his 2 full years in Chicago where it was below 80.

I think that if Jake had a better system around him and better overall talent in receivers (excepting Smith) he would be doing much better than he is. People say that the current system is made for Jake but I am not convinced. When our running game is great, it works. But like it is now, we end up in third and longs way too much. That is surely not Jake's strength. Secondly once Smith is doubled, who do we really have to go to? Moose is not who he once was, and we have no third receiver. Our tight ends are decent but surely not exceptional. Plus many times they have to stay in as do the backs in order to block to make up for the porous line.

I think Delhomme has a lot of problems. But I think a system that gives him more control of the offense would make him look better. Our FO treats Delhomme like he's Brady or Manning so why not give him more control.

I think Delhomme has a lot of problems. But I think a system that gives him more control of the offense would make him look better. Our FO treats Delhomme like he's Brady or Manning so why not give him more control.

I don't think it is control so much as multiple options to throw to on pass plays. Davidson said he would open up the offense and spread things out stretching the defense so he can find mismatches. I see nothing that suggests we are doing any of that. Jake has one or two options at most on pass plays. As we discussed earlier when are our receivers ever open?

Archived