• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does training camp stay at Wofford after the sale?

KSpan

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The specific area we're talking about is not a huge distance from uptown though.

But here's the thing. Part of the reason why teams go to places like that is for lower operating costs, something that can make a significant difference in cash flow over time.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Cowboys aren't in Dallas. The Giants and Jets aren't in New York. The 49ers aren't in San Francisco. So we're not talking about an unprecedented situation here.

We get it. You want the team in SC. The odds of this happening are slim to none.

30 minutes ago, TheRed said:

We get it. You want the team in SC. The odds of this happening are slim to none.

Actually, you don't get it at all.

I don't care where the stadium goes. Heck, I don't care where the training camp goes. I'm just talking about what's possible. Though even I've said that I don't think it'll actually happen.

One of the mistakes you have a tendency to  make is assuming that someone talking about something that could happen means they believe it should.

That's not always the case, and it's not the case right now.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually, you don't get it at all.

I don't care where the stadium goes. Heck, I don't care where the training camp goes. I'm just talking about what's possible. Though even I've said that I don't think it'll actually happen.

One of the mistakes you have a tendency to  make is assuming that someone talking about something that could happen means they believe it should.

That's not always the case, and it's not the case right now.

For something you don't actually think is going to happen, you're sure going out of your way to keep the subject relevant.

Sure it's in the vague realm of possibility on a basic level, but if they build a new stadium, there's realistically less than a 10% chance it will be in South Carolina.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

For something you don't actually think is going to happen, you're sure going out of your way to keep the subject relevant.

Sure it's in the vague realm of possibility on a basic level, but if they build a new stadium, there's realistically less than a 10% chance it will be in South Carolina.

I could also give you any number of arguments why the Saints will win the Super Bowl this year. Doesn't mean it's something that I want to happen.

It's a discussion I find interesting. How it ultimately plays out will neither excite nor upset me.

Everybody doesn't have to be emotionally invested in every discussion.

Probably not feasible, but it would be cool if they could rotate TC throughout different areas in the Carolinas (Asheville, Triad, Triangle, Greenville, NC, Columbia, Charleston, Greenville/Spartanburg, SC). I would think all these areas would have collegiate level facilities they could use.

Would give fans throughout the Carolinas a chance to see the team and would allow fans to take road trips and fuel tourism.

3 minutes ago, rainwater said:

The only place the Panthers training camp will move to besides Wofford, will be to Charlotte. Any other speculation isn't based in reality. Teams are not doing training camps outside of their home town anymore except for a few. The logistics alone make it difficult.

One thing I don't like about having it locally is that it doesn't have the "boot camp" atmosphere that you get when everyone's away from home.

Archived