• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox on Siruis Radio Today

Sultan33g

I am very surprised that nobody made a thread about this already. I heard it on sirius radio today around 4 hours ago and then was away from the computer. SLACKERS!!!

I bet he said the problem was that teams are stacking up against the run cause they don't think Jake can beat them,plus our defense is a shell of it's self from last year...

it is what it is.

<insert player or unit> played good enough to be 1-3, obviously not good enough.

we just need to execute better.

hey, it's the NFL and the other team executed better and they get paid to play the game also.

repeat.

Here is what he basically said:

He was pretty disappointed about what he heard on foxsports.com saying that it was ridiculous. He said he called the writer of the article and said that it was not true and that he would never tell anyone, even his wife that he would be fired. He Also said that the defense is doing better than before due to the fact that the players are starting to get in to the groove of things with the scheme. He said that before the players were in the wrong spots at times during a certain play.

He talked about having Chris Harris and the other injured players back on defense. He said that this week was the first time they had all the injured players back (IR not included).

Hollis Thomas has gotten adjusted to the defense pretty quick and is a smart, big, experienced player.

He said he feels like since he has been here that they haven't gotten a lower record than 7 losses and that not many other coaches could say that.

Mostly the same Foxisms, (We are 1-3 but better than 0-4, There is still a lot of football to play, we just need to get better on Turnovers.)

It was a pretty positive interview and it seemed like John Fox wasn't worried at all about getting fired.

Ps. He did not say It is What it is.

John Fox won't be fired this year and will be here next year, if what Dan Morgan said this morning is true...Morgan said if next year is a lock-out year (dunno bout that) then nobody would make any moves on coaching because coaches money is guaranteed, even if there is no season. Basically would be paying a new coach for nothing, plus paying the buyout money that Jerry'd owe Fox. Wouldn't make sense financially. That all makes sense, but we'll see about the lock-out season next year.

John Fox won't be fired this year and will be here next year, if what Dan Morgan said this morning is true...Morgan said if next year is a lock-out year (dunno bout that) then nobody would make any moves on coaching because coaches money is guaranteed, even if there is no season. Basically would be paying a new coach for nothing, plus paying the buyout money that Jerry'd owe Fox. Wouldn't make sense financially. That all makes sense, but we'll see about the lock-out season next year.

after this interview he seemed way overconfident. I do not think unless this season was a total disaster that Jerry is going to fire him. It changes my view point because knowing that John Fox is still going to be the coach means that the huddle is going to go haywire for another Football season. (I really do not know if I can handle Fire Fox threads when he is not going to get fired)

I listen to Moving the Chains quite a bit and always enjoy the Tuesday interview with Fox. He opens up a bit with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. I think it's because Kirwan and Ryan are insiders and unlike our local beat writers, know their 'ball. The only item of note was that Fox pointed to the fact that we're dead last in the NFL in turnover margin; that's obviously on his radar, as it should be. I don't think I've ever heard him say, "it is what it is" on Moving the Chains.

Here is what he basically said:

He was pretty disappointed about what he heard on foxsports.com saying that it was ridiculous. He said he called the writer of the article and said that it was not true and that he would never tell anyone, even his wife that he would be fired. He Also said that the defense is doing better than before due to the fact that the players are starting to get in to the groove of things with the scheme. He said that before the players were in the wrong spots at times during a certain play.

He talked about having Chris Harris and the other injured players back on defense. He said that this week was the first time they had all the injured players back (IR not included).

Hollis Thomas has gotten adjusted to the defense pretty quick and is a smart, big, experienced player.

He said he feels like since he has been here that they haven't gotten a lower record than 7 losses and that not many other coaches could say that.

Mostly the same Foxisms, (We are 1-3 but better than 0-4, There is still a lot of football to play, we just need to get better on Turnovers.)

It was a pretty positive interview and it seemed like John Fox wasn't worried at all about getting fired.

Ps. He did not say It is What it is.

lol..fox is married..

I can just imagine him saying to his wife after he does something stupid..well i picked a bad day to have a bad day.

lol..fox is married..

I can just imagine him saying to his wife after he does something stupid..well i picked a bad day to have a bad day.

he has a daughter also.....

how funny would it be everytime she got in trouble she told her dad....it is what it is, pops.

Meh... i wouldn't expect to hear Fox say he was about to be fired on a radio or media outlet... even if he DID say it to his wife/friends/etc. THAT would be stupid.

Fact is, the only person that can answer that question is Jerry Richardson, and he wasn't the one being interviewed. And it's pretty much a historical fact he won't be saying much of anything anyway, especially on a subject like that. It'll just happen one day... BOOM... press release... end of conversation.

Archived