• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wish the panthers were in the AFC east

GoobyPls

8 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

We almost, and should have, lost to 2 of the AFC east teams... With how inconsistent this team is, he last thing I would say is a team is an automatic win

With that logic the patriots should have lost 4 Super Bowls, And we’re lucky to get into another one

11 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This^^^.  Just extended a HC that has failed to achieve back to back winning seasons after 7 years on the job.

Until there is ownership in place that demands a higher standard of perfomance this franchise will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Four playoff appearances in in the last five years and a Super Bowl appearance.

That's not mediocre. That's marginally better than Green Bay or Pittsburgh in that span.

12 hours ago, TN05 said:

Four playoff appearances in in the last five years and a Super Bowl appearance.

That's not mediocre. That's marginally better than Green Bay or Pittsburgh in that span.

With Cam as his QB, three winning seasons in the last seven years.  Mediocre.

To include an embarrassing beatdown on professional football's biggest stage.  Why?  Because Ron and his coaching staff failed to address glaring weaknesses previously exposed by the Falcons in their regular season win against us.  The Broncos players were so amazed, they made a point of commenting on it after their SB victory.

If that is the height of your aspirations as a Panthers fan, Ron's is definitely your man. 

Even Philadelphia eventually realized Andy Reid wasn't going to get it done and moved on (a coach actually capable of producing back-to-back winning seasons and regular playoff appearances). 

Hopefully whoever buys the Panthers has higher standards than you.

20 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

With that logic the patriots should have lost 4 Super Bowls, And we’re lucky to get into another one

Not the point I am making. I am just saying that the people that guarantee we would go 6-0 every year against the AFC East need to remember that we are a Tyrod Taylor missed wide open guy in the end zone and 1/100 Clay punt return TD away from missing the playoffs... The same team that managed to score 3 points against the Bears despite possessing the ball for like 48 minutes... The Panthers are a lot of teams, but consistent is not one of the words I would use to describe them - which is what it would take to go 6-0. Sadly, I would probably be afraid we would do worse if we switched with the Pats because we often play down to lesser talented teams.

Also, if memory serves correct, I feel like the Bills have had our number in the matchup since we began as a franchise.

Archived