• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl's coming up, let's talk about D.J. Chark

Rags

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I wanted us to take Martavis Bryant also,  but Pittsburgh did.  Someone will be smart enough to take a chance on Chark.  It may as well be us.  Like you said,  I was looking at him actually since before the Senior Bowl as is evidenced by this thread which put him on my radar.  He has done nothing since then except shine, which is exactly what he's supposed to do.  And that's different,  regardless how you want to make light of it.  You act like he has bad tape,  but the fact is is that he doesn't. If he makes good impressions during workouts,  then that will solidify my thoughts that he is an excellent prospect at a position of great need. Sure,  size and speed are nice,  but there are other intangibles,  the main thing for me is whether I believe he has the it factor or not.  He is headed that way, and if he continues to shine during his problem day and individual team workouts,  there would be little basis not  to give him serious consideration on day two. I'm certainly not going to be stupid and say that he's no good based upon Stephen Hill or anyone else you can think of.  That's not a smart way to evaluate.  It's simply not. You know this.  

Why would anyone in his right mind preclude a guy from consideration who is not only a high character,  coachable kid,  who is doing exactly what he's supposed to do when given the opportunity.  It makes no sense?

I understand red flags,  but like I said, that's what all this poo is for.  

Okay.. then... we will agree to disagree on the tape..

39 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If you're looking at Wr's after Ridley .. So far DJ Moore, and Krik look natural when catching balls and running routes...

I would hope so being that they are top five receivers in this class. But they aren't the only ones.  You need to stop trippin'! 

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I would hope so being that they are top five receivers in this class. But they aren't the only ones.  You need to stop trippin'! 

I did say so far.. And right now if I was drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd ... These 2 would be the only ones I can see me having full confidence in.. Not trippin.. Jmo..

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Chark was a guy I was keeping an eye on with one of our 3rds but he's getting overdrafted after today. It won't surprise me if he goes in the late 1st or early 2nd.

If I trust his work ethic and my coaching staff he's the kind of guy I absolutely think is worth a late first.

He's no doubt a devolpmental guy but the potential is there. 

9 minutes ago, Rags said:

If I trust his work ethic and my coaching staff he's the kind of guy I absolutely think is worth a late first.

We don't need more developmental guys with potential (especially at #24). We need real wide receivers. 3rd round, sure I'd take a shot at the kid.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't need more developmental guys with potential. We need real wide receivers.

And if the value is there I'd be more than happy with jumping ship on devolpment of someone like Byrd and replacing him with Chark. Much higher ceiling. No WR there is gonna be "real" when we pick and offs are the best DBs, DEs and OTs are gonna be long gone.

14 minutes ago, Rags said:

What do we currently have at WR? Developmental/Potential WR's.

This draft doesn't have #1 WR's. No need to waste our late 1st round pick on a WR.

Ron and Hurney already said they are looking to acquire a veteran WR. Free agent or trade is were we will make our splash at WR.

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

And if the value is there I'd be more than happy with jumping ship on devolpment of someone like Byrd and replacing him with Chark. Much higher ceiling. 

I agree... in the 3rd round. No way I'd spend #24 on a guy who I was penciling in to bump Damiere Byrd.

27 minutes ago, Rags said:

And if the value is there I'd be more than happy with jumping ship on devolpment of someone like Byrd and replacing him with Chark. Much higher ceiling. No WR there is gonna be "real" when we pick and offs are the best DBs, DEs and OTs are gonna be long gone.

There is no value in the 1st round for a player you yourself is saying is a development project... If you don't think he is coming in and challenging for a starting job day 1.. How is that value in the 1st round??

He is raw very raw.. His hands are very suspect as is his route running..  Limie is giving more credit than me with a 3rd round.. I don't think he will be ready until his 3rd year to have a major contribution to a team.. He is a 5th rounder to me. 

48 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

is that hill? yeah he didn't really work out but Chark could. Odds are usually in favor of the athletic freak

Not if they have problem with the basics of a position. If you can't cleanly catch a ball with your hands all the speed in the world won't matter..

Archived