• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I miss the days of being a causal Panther fan

Hotsauce

15 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Which I think is a very good thing. He's always coached better when his back is up against the wall. After 2013 and after 2015 his job was safe, and that resulted in 2014 and 2016... We had an okay year last year going 11-5 and making the playoffs but it was nowhere near close enough (because of the wildcard loss) to ensuring the new owner would keep Rivera around at least past 2018--which is a very good thing if you ask me. I think we finally break the curse of no back to back winning seasons this year. 

At this point, I'm actually fine with keeping Rivera and seeing what he could do with a better GM. He certainly had success working with Gettleman. Bring in another guy who's actually qualified and who knows?

Unfortunately, it's quite possible he may not get that chance.

1 hour ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

I tell people what they don't like to hear. That was my job as a coach, and now it's just hardened into habit. 

Panthers are a marketing driven team, and the QB was selected for that purpose. Nevermind that he is wasting the primes of some fine players and coaches.

I've stood to the side on your little feud...but that's some bull crap right there..

2 hours ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

If you're talking about my son, yes, he loves Cam - it's part of what made me realize that most Cam fandom is about hero worship and not football, honestly...he'll hate that I said that, but I can only be honest. I don't know if you have kids yourself, but getting T a Newton jersey for his birthday (three years ago) was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

I came up with the "Wonder Woman" nickname while ribbing him and my daughter about it, actually.

@mjligonhow long before he makes another alt claiming to be his daughter? 

Archived