• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency Notes and Speculation

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Nails said:

If Johnny Manziel gets an NFL job and Greg Hardy doesn’t, anyone with even a mustard seed of the facts or common sense will go apeshit.

Hardy already had his second chance with the cowboys. He proceeded to act like an asshole and then got busted for Coke.

Manziel hasn't gotten his second chance yet. If he proceeds to act like an asshole and get busted for Coke, then it wouldn't surprise me if he's without a job as well. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Manziel is an entitled jerk and an absolute moron, but I don't recall him ever being associated with a violent crime.

He hit his girlfriend on the side of the road during a fight one night. Might have been drinking too, can't remember, but it did happen. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Ah yes, had forgotten about that.

Did she press charges?

No idea and I don't care enough about him to look it up.

Either way, the Hardy/Manziel situations are similar but different because Hardy has already squandered chance number 2 and Johnny hasn't gotten his yet. We'll see if any team wants to take on the media circus associated with Johnny Football. I wouldn't, but there are teams out there who desperately need a QB, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

No idea and I don't care enough about him to look it up.

Either way, the Hardy/Manziel situations are similar but different because Hardy has already squandered chance number 2 and Johnny hasn't gotten his yet. We'll see if any team wants to take on the media circus associated with Johnny Football. I wouldn't, but there are teams out there who desperately need a QB, so who knows. 

Legal situations aside, Manziel is terrible.

7 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Hardy already had his second chance with the cowboys. He proceeded to act like an asshole and then got busted for Coke.

Manziel hasn't gotten his second chance yet. If he proceeds to act like an asshole and get busted for Coke, then it wouldn't surprise me if he's without a job as well. 

You gotta be kidding.  Greg Hardy was drafted in the 6th round and after four years was thought of highly enough as a teammate and player to earn the franchise tag from a different regime than drafted him.  Manziel was drafted in the 1st to be a franchise savior, was given many chances, and couldn’t even make it more than two years.

11 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

He hit his girlfriend on the side of the road during a fight one night. Might have been drinking too, can't remember, but it did happen. 

TIP of the damned iceberg with that joker.

1 minute ago, Nails said:

TIP of the damned iceberg with that joker.

Yeah he's a friggin headache. I am not disagreeing with that. However all his drama happened within his first stint with his first team. It's yet to be determined if he has left that stuff in his past or not. 

Hardy had Drama with the Panthers then continued new drama with the Cowboys. He showed 0 growth from stop 1 to stop 2. That's why he is without a job in the NFL. He had a shot to keep his head down and nose clean with a new team. He had a chance at a fresh start, and he acted like a douche. If Jerry Jones can't put up with your poo, no other team will. That's why he doesn't have a job right now. 

Manziel now potentially has a shot at a fresh start. No one knows what will come of it, but if he too acts like a douche, then I would understand him being unemployed forever as well. 

On 4/4/2018 at 7:43 PM, stbugs said:

Not worth losing Norwell’s comp pick. He’s never going to be Olsen’s replacement so I’d rather get Lewis for the year and draft someone you think has a higher ceiling. I liked the Dissly kid and the Thomas’ late if we don’t get an early round TE. 

Shultz has potential.  The TE from Wisconsin with nine fingers is an option.  Smythe?  OK

Archived