• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With MCW out a while, and our Playoff hopes extremely dim. Monk will FINALLY get some PT.

JakeDel5674

Charlotte Hornets guard Michael Carter-Williams may miss the rest of the year with a shoulder injury, which means Malik Monk must step up.

Rick Bonnell explained that while the method to fix the injury has not yet been determined but the 26-year-old could miss the entire season either way (via Charlotte Observer):

“It’s unclear how much time Carter-Williams might miss if he chooses rehab, rather than surgery. But it appears inevitable Monk will have a bigger role, possibly for the rest of the season.”

Monk, 20, was pulled from the regular rotation due to his poor play on defense. He was reportedly included in trade talks with the Knicks, too, before the deadline.

http://hoopshype.com/2018/03/06/charlotte-hornets-malik-monk-transition-spot-up-rotation-michael-carter-williams-injury/

Monk ends up with 9 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 turnover in 16 minutes.  He was 3-10 shooting with 1-6 on 3 points shots.  But the best thing was that he was aggressive the whole time he was in the game.  Some of his passes were a bit erratic and he didn't shoot a good percentage but you have to expect that with him not getting any playing time recently.  His drives to the basket were great and he almost posterized Ersan Ilyasova in the first half.  Ilyasova had to foul him or he would have been embarrassed.  If Clifford wasn't such a dick and Monk would have had regular playing time this season, he could have developed into a really nice player.  

11 hours ago, themikestrick said:

Monk ends up with 9 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 turnover in 16 minutes.  He was 3-10 shooting with 1-6 on 3 points shots.  But the best thing was that he was aggressive the whole time he was in the game.  Some of his passes were a bit erratic and he didn't shoot a good percentage but you have to expect that with him not getting any playing time recently.  His drives to the basket were great and he almost posterized Ersan Ilyasova in the first half.  Ilyasova had to foul him or he would have been embarrassed.  If Clifford wasn't such a dick and Monk would have had regular playing time this season, he could have developed into a really nice player.  

I was so excited early in the season because Monk gave Charlotte fans hope of a potential star player. He had the swagger, athleticism and the shot. What happened was that we didn't develop him at all. At least we could of gave him burn with the Swarm but no. We just kept him buried behind a guy who produced less than he did. I hope this waste of a season doesn't affect his confidence.  

52 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I was so excited early in the season because Monk gave Charlotte fans hope of a potential star player. He had the swagger, athleticism and the shot. What happened was that we didn't develop him at all. At least we could of gave him burn with the Swarm but no. We just kept him buried behind a guy who produced less than he did. I hope this waste of a season doesn't affect his confidence.  

I think he'll be fine. He probably learned a lot in Practice and stuff. I'm okay with this. But, he needs PT next Season when Clifford is fired. I hope this Offseason is a "get rid of this poo" Offseason. I love Kemba, but I want him winning. And he will not be doing that with us. 

I bet he would be averaging around 15ppg if Clifford would have been giving him minutes all year. A shooter like Monk is always going to look rusty if you never allow him to get into any kind of rhythm. Just his energy and explosiveness alone would have benefited the team in a huge way. Playing MCW over Monk should be enough to get any coach fired. Unless MCW was an all NBA defensive player, his defense doesn't outweigh the fact that he is statistically the worst offensive player in the NBA.

Archived