• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bidding reaches 2.5 Billion, Rubin out.

panther4life

22 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Damnit.

Tepper will win this, smh.

I still hope he does. Him or Goodnight are my top realistic wishes. I dont know much about Goodnight, but Tepper is a damn inspiration to me. Everyone who didnt like Gettleman will absolutely f*cking hate Tepper and im okay with that. Its about time the Panthers were run like a business. The growing pains would be worth it.

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm only short by two and a half billion or so.

22 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I would suggest we pool our financial resources, but we'd still be short by about two and a half billion dollars.

No word on how The Huddle's bid is coming???

13 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, I've given JR a rash of poo on here for his Mom and Pop way of running the organization, but he accomplished what no other person had been capable of doing, bringing the NFL to the Carolinas.

A lot of people downplay that accomplishment here at the huddle, but it was no sure thing.  JRs bid was considered a longshot because we were up against some tough competition.  Reports at the time said his group provided a very impressive presentation (the best) to league officials and that helped secure our new franchise.

Agreed. Is there a documentary about how the Panthers came to be? i'd love to watch it if so. (i know the story but im a sucker for nostalgic poo like that)

6 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I still hope he does. Him or Goodnight are my top realistic wishes. I dont know much about Goodnight, but Tepper is a damn inspiration to me. Everyone who didnt like Gettleman will absolutely f*cking hate Tepper and im okay with that. Its about time the Panthers were run like a business. The growing pains would be worth it.

Agreed. Is there a documentary about how the Panthers came to be? i'd love to watch it if so. (i know the story but im a sucker for nostalgic poo like that)

I know a certain big cat coming into a lot of money soon who could finance that documentary. 

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And at this point, without any obvious kindred spirit to hand the team off to, I've got to wonder if JR just says fug it and goes for the biggest money offer, forgetting about his legacy.

I was watching Outside the Lines today on ESPN and they had a story on the sale of the team. They said that internally, JR's number is 3 billion.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I was watching Outside the Lines today on ESPN and they had a story on the sale of the team. They said that internally, JR's number is 3 billion.

I wouldn’t doubt it. His net income numbers are probably top 5 in the league if you exclude merchandising.  JR is one of the true excellent business men in the league. The area he excels at is profit and loss and running a lean but strong business. This is based off his sale of Hardee’s, purchase of Denny’s, purchase and sale of Bojangles. If the man is good at one thing it’s making a P&L glow. He has no lease of land, his stadium is paid for and fully modernized for the next decade, he has strong cash flow and sell outs, his market is growing and one thing people don’t know is he is one of two owners who do food service themselves in stadium rather than outsourced. He has revenue stream maximized. 

This is going to be a very appealing business to buy from what we all know publicly and even better when you get into the private unpublicized financials (I’d bet). It doesn’t surprise me that we are going to sell for more than what is estimated based off our gross because sale price is a multiple of net. 

Throw in a stable market, favorable city for public money (to a degree) strong core team and demographic growth this is a sexy buy. 

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And at this point, without any obvious kindred spirit to hand the team off to, I've got to wonder if JR just says fug it and goes for the biggest money offer, forgetting about his legacy.

I'm pretty sure that's what he is thinking. 

30 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I honestly don't know, but if there isn't, somebody should make one, because it would be a great story to tell.  

Archived