• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realistic Draft Tiers for Panthers at 24

Soul Rebel

2 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Henry wouldve helped but not fixed the problem.

You needed more than that to help slow Miller down.  Miller had as good a season as about any edge rusher in history that season.  

Thats like saying a rookie TE is going to make a impact slowing Lawerence Taylor back in the day.  I do wish we drafted Henry, but only thing that wouldve fixed that wouldve been OT and coaching.

Long drop backs and slow developing plays isnt going to do anything to slow down that defense even if you added a healthy Gronk on the field.

Seeinv this makes me about makes me vomit and estatic the Shula era is over

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Henry wouldve helped but not fixed the problem.

You needed more than that to help slow Miller down.  Miller had as good a season as about any edge rusher in history that season.  

Thats like saying a rookie TE is going to make a impact slowing Lawerence Taylor back in the day.  I do wish we drafted Henry, but only thing that wouldve fixed that wouldve been OT and coaching.

Long drop backs and slow developing plays isnt going to do anything to slow down that defense even if you added a healthy Gronk on the field.

Seeinv this makes me about makes me vomit and estatic the Shula era is over

Hunter Henry owns Denver Broncos 2x  a year not only the DL but the secondary.

2x the impact Huddlers!

Hi all. It's been a good while since I have been able to hop on here due to a multitude of reasons. In my opinion, our biggest need this offseason at this current moment is a safety. Too long have we neglected that position and our secondary has struggled because of it. Obviously we also need to protect Cam as well. Ill be having surgery next month so I'll have plenty of time to study up on the prospects and to check out the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Hunter Henry owns Denver Broncos 2x  a year not only the DL but the secondary.

2x the impact Huddlers!

Again, helps when you have a legit OC.

Add Henry in there.  Shula is still running him to the same spot of the field as another WR 30 yards down field on 3rd and long........after a predictable 1st and 2nd down.

Henry wouldve been nice but not won the game

Henry wouldnt be drawing up game adjustments

And any QB (even Rogers and Brady) that takes 1-2 illegal head shots like Cam is going to throw off their game.  

Shula was as much of a blame as anything.  ReWatching the Ice up Son Patriots game then watching that Denver game Angers me.  That pats game we were all over Brady much like Denver wad on Cam.  2nd half Pats adjusted and went short passes (ball was rarely in Bradys hands more than 2-3 seconds) and we didnt lay a finger on him the whole 2nd half and watched them come back and damn near beat us.

Meanwhile Shula runs pop warner routes with guys running to the same spot and loooong developing plays leaving the ball in Cam hands 5-6 seconds.  And when you do that from 3rd and long everytime with rushers timing the snaps after late play calls.  Your Fugged.  Put Gronk, AB, Megatron Etc.  Your still fugged

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought sanjay had already been threatened with a banning if he kept spamming every thread with his constant TE stuff. Of course, he'd be back later the same day with a new username so it really wouldn't matter anyway.

Its better than 500 Saca threads & other huddlers posting about the same DEs & Saftey positon ever single draft.

scroll over and move along 

17 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

@ncfan Why do you think Chargers drafted TE like H.H. ----------------> to counter Denvers DL & Secondary 

Help your franchise QB

@Shocker

Think Gates had a little to do with it too.  He's opd and only had a year left on his contract at the time.  

So a Top TE falling to them in the 2nd is a no brainer

21 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Again, helps when you have a legit OC.

Add Henry in there.  Shula is still running him to the same spot of the field as another WR 30 yards down field on 3rd and long........after a predictable 1st and 2nd down.

Shula isn't the greatest but he also didn't have the required talent due to DG investing all on defense,if had Henry to pass protect instead of Fat Tolbert or Dickson I'm pretty sure Henry would have allowed less hits. Also Panthers lost the game by a FG and if Henry who is a better recieving threat than Tolbert or Dickson would have gotten us closer to endzone for better FG range for Gano or actually got the offense more pts to win the game.

Henry wouldve been nice but not won the game

See above Post, panthers lost only by 3 in that game and several other games like the Saints & Falcons where the team only needed a catch or 2 or few extra seconds for Cam to make another throw. So your assumption is 90% wrong. 

Henry wouldnt be drawing up game adjustments

And any QB (even Rogers and Brady) that takes 1-2 illegal head shots like Cam is going to throw off their game.  

Again if you have TE that can block and leak out to catch you stretch the defense out since they want know if its a run or pass they can't go aggresviely against the QB as they did and of course having a big body TE will help wear down the defensive players similar to RB...see what Gronk does.

Shula was as much of a blame as anything.  ReWatching the Ice up Son Patriots game then watching that Denver game Angers me.  That pats game we were all over Brady much like Denver wad on Cam.  2nd half Pats adjusted and went short passes (ball was rarely in Bradys hands more than 2-3 seconds) and we didnt lay a finger on him the whole 2nd half and watched them come back and damn near beat us.

Shula was part of the problem but equally was also DG due to ego preventing him from getting the real BPA 

Meanwhile Shula runs pop warner routes with guys running to the same spot and loooong developing plays leaving the ball in Cam hands 5-6 seconds.  And when you do that from 3rd and long everytime with rushers timing the snaps after late play calls.  Your Fugged.  Put Gronk, AB, Megatron Etc.  Your still fugged

Panthers went 6-10 that year and lost about 6 games by 3pts with a lot of Gano misses that would have not happend if we had Henry who would have given the offense better field position.

So yea Huntery Henry would have changed the season from 6-10 to 10-6 most likely.

5ab694d3b596e_ScreenShot2018-03-24at2_09_07PM.thumb.png.018faaacdb725e25cbe16f77ecc95cce.png

Archived