• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another who would you pick thread

yasuhara2241

My knowledge of college football is very limited. I really don't pay attention until draft time and only then my knowledge is limited to mock drafts, youtube and draft simulations. So my question is who would you choose out of these positions and why? 

WR: Ridley, Moore

Corner: Jackson, Hughes, Alexander

I really think our 1st round pick will be one of those guys. I am undecided between Ridley and Moore and think I like the playmaking ability of Jackson the best at Corner but wanted to hear your thoughts!

Ridley. I just think that worst he'll be a solid starting WR. I think he's probably the safest WR in the draft and Hurney has talked about making safe picks in the 1st.

Jackson. I just think he has thw exact type of measurables we look for in outside CBs and he's probably the best ball hawk in the draft. That's something we need because we don't have anyone in our secondary who creates turnovers.

Ridley, he's the perfect weapon for us. He seems like he will be ready to step in day 1 and make an impact. Touted as the best route runner in the class by many and its easy to see why they say that if you watch a few of his games or just his highlights. 

Watching games you can see him get open fairly quickly and he never gives up especially when the QB is scrambling. His ability to keep working to get open when QB is moving outside the pocket would be a great fit for Cam and our offense. 

The only reason I think he might fall is his stats were not great last year and his vertical at the combine sucked. He dropped 7 passes and only caught 5 TD's last year. 

Bottom line: Any prospect at 24 is not going to be perfect, however he's widely been considered the cream of the WR crop since the season ended and maintained that ranking up to now. In the past 5 previous drafts, the first receiver has come off the board no later than 15th. If Ridley makes it to 24 it should be considered a steal.

Here's how I would rank all of the names you listed: 

1. Ridley
  2. Alexander
  3. Jackson
  4. Moore
  5. Interior O-line

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ridley. I just think that worst he'll be a solid starting WR. I think he's probably the safest WR in the draft and Hurney has talked about making safe picks in the 1st.

Jackson. I just think he has thw exact type of measurables we look for in outside CBs and he's probably the best ball hawk in the draft. That's something we need because we don't have anyone in our secondary who creates turnovers.

Agreed on both points. 

I think if I had to pick today out of the guys that I have it would be: 

1. Ridley 

2. Jackson

3. Moore

4. Alexander/Hughes (Can't decide)

I am still holding out a small bit of hope that a Landry (DE) will fall. 

13 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

Hughes is so good but that rape thing scares me he might fall to the later rounds 

I read it was an assault for beating up a few fraternity guys.  But still concerning.

Actually MJ Stewart was also involved but not many people mention that since he is later round guy.

Ridley- I remember even as an underclassman, Bama’s offense would be stalling vs. a good team, the giants about to fall. All of the sudden Verne Lundequist says “He’s got a man, Calvin Riiiiddddlllleeeyyyy!!!” And I knew he had beat the defender. I like players who can make a difference on the big stage.

Jackson- Ball skills, scheme fit.

Archived