• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets play the Blame Game.....

Snake

Who is at fault  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is at fault

• Jake Delhomme
    • John Fox
    • Our WR corps
    • Our Oline
    • Jeff Davidson
    • other

tough question. jake is the on field reason.... but fox is the one sticking with him. so they both share in the blame and then throw in davidsons suspect play calling.

the change to make to solve all 3, is a head coach change who will bring in a new OC and hopefully keep meeks on, and then make a change at QB.

tough question. jake is the on field reason.... but fox is the one sticking with him. so they both share in the blame and then throw in davidsons suspect play calling.

the change to make to solve all 3, is a head coach change who will bring in a new OC and hopefully keep meeks on, and then make a change at QB.

I still feel that Davidson could be a good OC with the right coach. Kinda like Henning is right now. Then again a new coach prob want keep him.

Jake is the sole reason. Davidson seems to have lost all confidence in him and it's been affecting his playcalling. 8 or 9 in the box has been killing the run game as well. Jake has lost confidence in himself, the coaches and the entire team. At one point in his career he could inspire the team to wins, now he's doing the opposite.

1) Coaches: They haven't changed the way this offense plays and teams have picked up on what we do and they are one step ahead of us. Ever since the debacle against Philly we haven't run one screen pass. Its like if a play doesn't work then we just stop doing it.

2) Turnovers: Probably the reason that we are 2-3 instead of 3-2 or 4-1. The offense can't get anything going and that affects the defense and the rythm of the offense. A LOT of that is Jake but fumbles by all the running backs have hurt as well.

3) Jake: I'm sorry but he just doesn't have it anymore. He has had one good game this year and that was against Atlanta. He isn't moving the offense and he has cost us the game against Philly, Dallas, and he tried his hardest to give away this game as well.

4) Offensive Line: They played really well today and against Atlanta and thats about it. They haven't been consistently opening holes or giving Jake time. Considering the whole unit is back from last year this is mind boggling.

5) Wide Receivers: Outside of Smith there doesn't seem to be any playmakers what so ever. Its tough to get the ball to Steve when the defense double covers him left and right, another receiver should take advantage of this but no one has (or has been given the chance).

Solution: The coaches need to open the playbook and tell Jake that he doesn't have to force the ball to steve every other play. Spread the ball around and maybe only target smitty about 4-5 times a game. Keep running the ball because the offensive line is good and will eventually wear down most defenses. Stop turning the ball over.

I blame Jake...

Because he doesn't throw it to Smitty enough...even when he's blanketed by the opposing DB the whole play he should still force the ball.

I also blame Jake because when he DOES force the ball to Smitty he's trying too hard to throw to one guy. Jake Sucks c/ I watched NFL Network and when Drew Brees did it and his receiver miraculously came up with the ball the announcer said "Drew Brees is great because he has such faith that his receivers will come down with the ball."

I MEAN WHO CARES IF THAT'S THE SAME THING JAKE'S TRYING TO DO!!!

I blame Jake.

For not being Drew Brees.

Why do you want to blame anybody when we won? I swear, if this team went on the win the Super Bowl, half of our fanbase would still be complaining about something.

Because our coaches seem content. I mean someone has to take the old ball coach roll and say "yea it was good but you can do better".

Because our coaches seem content. I mean someone has to take the old ball coach roll and say "yea it was good but you can do better".

Do you really think that John Fox doesn't already know that it could be better? Hell, he's been saying over and over that "we need to get better". There is only one way you can take that statement.

Do you really think that John Fox doesn't already know that it could be better? Hell, he's been saying over and over that "we need to get better". There is only one way you can take that statement.

Im just saying "it is what it is". I dont pretend to know what Fox is thinking but the players are starting to lose faith. Look at Peppers play. He has been lights out since Beason asked him to step up. Really Peppers seems happy now more then ever...... Beason and Smith have said in so many words that the coaches are not getting it done. For whatever reason they said it. I am happy with the win but it was ugly and we came very close to losing. That just dose not make me happy. I would like to see the team improve every game. Not just scrap by and hope for the best.

Archived