• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther Greg Hardy with brutal KO of Austen Lane

Nails

17 hours ago, mc52beast said:

This was his debut so I’m thinking the competition wasn’t upper level... let’s wait to crown him greatest ever until he actually wins a belt

It wasnt even low level. Dana White more or less said they signed him to a "development" league. He has a contract with the "UFC" only the same way a scrub on the practice squad has a contract with the Panthers.

He is trying to do something in the bottom level of MMA. Yall folks act like he is something to talk about. If his name was not attached to the NFL, or DV, or cocaine it wouldn't even be a story.

Much like the thread about Clausen being trash...bullshit thread that leads nowhere! 

3 hours ago, KBRed said:

So, congrats on making it to the MMA, but remember its MIXED martial arts. Learning more than power hits to a fighter that doesn't protect his jaw/head is very necessary. 

Unless you’re talking about the HW weight class. The overall talent level at HW in the combat sports is very poor. You can absolutely be a top 10 guy simply off of being a superior athlete with big time punching power. Just look at Francis Ngannou who just fought for the UFC HW title. The major team sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) gobble up all the elite HW athletes and the combat sports are left picking from the scraps. The elite fighters are in the smaller weight classes. You have to be an elite athlete among elite athletes to make it in the team sports unless you’re a big guy. If you’re fighting below 185 (MW) or so, none of those major team sports would’ve been clamoring for you anyway.

6 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

What you know about juvenile? 400 degreez is still one of my favorite albums 

Growing up, he was my favorite artist. I probably have bought that album 3 or 4 times. I’ve listened to that album so much in my life

23 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

He is a scary man

If he wasn’t an idiot he would be pairing with Peppers right now and we’d have a ring or two.

23 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Quick question. Do you guys think Greg Hardy in non dumbass form could have surpassed Peppers as the Panthers all time sack leader?

Blasphemy.  We have Wes Horton.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Everyone taking about how Kap was mistreated in the NFL but Hardy was the biggest victim. He's raw at MMA but looks like Kracken might stick. 

Can’t keep a good man down.

Jesus the pessimistic people here. Sure, he's not fighting main card and he may not ever fight on the main card of a ppv or Fox fight. That's not even something he's attempting. If he can win some of these fights on fight pass, maybe get on the prelims for a bigger UFC card and win, we'll see him for a few years which is a good thing. 

Greg Hardy may not be the best person, and he may or may not be a changed man after that incident, but why not hope he does well going forward? The UFC is full of people with less than stellar pasts.

Archived