• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore Should Start Sunday

Guest RT81

I made this comparison in another thread. The situation is eerily similar. And I want you to look how Orton did once he finally got out of there. Not saying Moore is as good as Orton just at how similar the situation is. He only got his starts (which I'll give you were a lot more) in his rookie season because a injury to Rex. He succeeded then lost his job back to the vet.

Yea the Bears are/were retarded, just like us.

All that for Cutler and all Orton is is 6-0.

If we beat Buffalo we are 3-3 which is only one game worse than we were last year. We had an easier schedule last year but if our running game returns there is every reason to believe we could go on a run this year as well. You gloom and doom folks who quit on the team after 6 games amaze me. We have played just more than 1/3 of the season.

there was no stretch of games last year as pathetic as the sad Skins, Bucs, and now Bills. Winning these 3 means little...especially when it took a miracle to get by the Skins and the second best rushing game in franchise history to squeak past the Bucs. There is little confidence to be had in his team when looking at Fox/Davidson/Jake this year.

It ain't doom and gloom it is just called watching football. Kinda like when we watched Jake lead the offense all preseason and knew it was gonna be a long year as the AZ game finished his career.

there was no stretch of games last year as pathetic as the sad Skins, Bucs, and now Bills. Winning these 3 means little...especially when it took a miracle to get by the Skins and the second best rushing game in franchise history to squeak past the Bucs. There is little confidence to be had in his team when looking at Fox/Davidson/Jake this year.

It ain't doom and gloom it is just called watching football. Kinda like when we watched Jake lead the offense all preseason and knew it was gonna be a long year as the AZ game finished his career.

Actually getting by atlanta last year and beating KC in week five helped us gain momentum even when we lost to Tampa. We came back home and won against NO and Arizona. One never knows what will spark a team and give them momentum. I don't know what will happen this year but I have surely not given up on the Panthers by a long shot. I think we have alot of good football left. I will be at every game cheering for a win. If we don't then I will having fun at the tailgates and drinking heavily.

I just saw my Phillies come back to win a game with 2 outs in the ninth down by a run. I know that it ain't over until it is over.

Grossman took them to the Superbowl. If it means sticking with Jake so we can go to the postseason, then hell yeah.

no he didnt- the bears defense and special teams did!!!

Grossman sucked that year, he in no way was a reason they made it there.

no he didnt- the bears defense and special teams did!!!

Grossman sucked that year, he in no way was a reason they made it there.

Go look at his numbers. He had some great games and some very poor ones. During that year he had 7 games with ratings over 100 and an 8th at 98. On the other hand he one with a rating of 1.3 and 0. But yeah he won several games for them. The defense and special teams didn't hurt either.

Go look at his numbers. He had some great games and some very poor ones. During that year he had 7 games with ratings over 100 and an 8th at 98. On the other hand he one with a rating of 1.3 and 0. But yeah he won several games for them. The defense and special teams didn't hurt either.

so in other words he was as inconsistent as a QB possibly can be.

...not exactly a desirable trait.

Look at Kyle Orton. Last year he sucked and couldn't beat our Grossman. This year he might make the prowbowl? Difference? He is getting time to throw, his receivers are getting open, and he is making good throws. It's more than just the QB, its a team thing. Matt Moore doesn't fix all the problems with our passing game. Honestly if Matt Moore hasn't taken the job yet as bad as Jake is playing its not gonna happen. When I say take the job, I mean in practice and film study, etc... I don't think he is even #2 on the depth chart right now is he? How bad must his practice be if he can't beat a QB off the street? I mean come on.

But people do see him in practice every day. And figure it out, the same guy who felt Jake should replace Peete doesn't think that Moore is better than Jake now. If he was right then, he could still be right now.

Bill Parcells, a probable future HOF coach, thought that Bledsoe was hands down better than Brady. Watched both every day in practice. Hell, if Drew Bledsoe never got hurt, we might have a Lombardi.

I guess my point is this. EVERYONE here agrees that we are not going to go deep into the playoffs with the guy we got now. So why not give Moore a shot? Jake has regressed into a shell of his former self. It's hard for me to defend a guy that has given up 18 turnovers in his past 6 games. Eighteen. That's 3 times per game. Half the time it goes for 6 right then, or puts them deep into our territory. Say only 10 points come off those 3 turnovers each game. Our team is not good enough right now to be spotting people 10 points per game, all from just ONE guy.

A muffed punt here, a rare D-Will fumble there I can live with. But a three turnover/game average for one guy is just baffling to me how he stays in there.

that is like saying the defense is playing better....so that means Godfrey suddenly doesn't suck and isn't a huge liability.

Whenever rep gets turned back on, you're getting my "post of the year" award along with some cookies and gold stars. I shall now bookmark in lieu...

Look at Kyle Orton. Last year he sucked and couldn't beat our Grossman. This year he might make the prowbowl? Difference? He is getting time to throw, his receivers are getting open, and he is making good throws. It's more than just the QB, its a team thing. Matt Moore doesn't fix all the problems with our passing game. Honestly if Matt Moore hasn't taken the job yet as bad as Jake is playing its not gonna happen. When I say take the job, I mean in practice and film study, etc... I don't think he is even #2 on the depth chart right now is he? How bad must his practice be if he can't beat a QB off the street? I mean come on.

But you are assuming that the reason he isnt #2 is because he is bad in practice. you dont know either way. it could be that or it could be fox is stubborn. if he is that bad how is he making the team each year?

Most of the guys pulling for more dont know what he could really do either but it cant be worse than delhomme. he is in the bottom 3 of all the qbs. was matt moore ever that terrible in any game?

when your team has to take the ball OUT of the hands of the one person who has it in his hands on every play to win, it is time to make a change.

if all we are going to ask for him is to throw 15-20 passes then couldnt matt moore do that. What is really funny is you guys getting on matt moore like he has had YEARS in the league starting and he sucked all those years and using PRESEASON stats to say ye sucks. :smilielol5:, for jake we have seen for YEARS what he is capable of. he is 35 he cannot get any better than mediocre and has skills will decline soon if not already , our main weapon is disgruntled. what more do you need to make a change even if temporary at qb. send a message that that kind of performance is not tolerated. not back to back.

also for those saying he sucks what are you basing this off of? his stats? what? i would like to see them if i could. There are plenty for delhomme, maybe you guys could bring some up for matt moore.

• 2 months later...

Archived