• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 Summers will tell the direction for the Hornets

yasuhara2241

This summer we have 2 expiring contract  with Kemba and Lamb. We have talked about Kemba at length. Some wanting to keep him or only trade him for a kings ransom and others wanting to resign and extend. 

So what about Lamb? He's a 7m expiring but played extremely well when Batum was injured. Unfortunately, I can't see a way to keep him and extend Kemba. 

Next summer is just as important, Mozgov ($16m), Marvin ($15m) & MKG ($13m) will all be expiring contracts. $44m in expiring deals. This could set the Hornets up 2 ways. 

1. Let them expire and have a ton of cap room in 2020

2. Utilize one of them to get extra picks or potential players while letting the other two walk

4 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Obviously if a too good to be true option opens up we take it but I am more than happy to play the waiting game.

That is how I am feeling as well. I've been on board with trading Kemba to accelerate our rebuild but it looks like the team wants to try and keep Kemba around. 

Trying to look at things positively, we can essentially rebuild while still winning with Kemba after next summer. With all the contracts being off the books we can finally have some breathing room and try and build around Kemba, Monk & Miles

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Great post and info.  Totally agree and I am sure Kup already making plans here.  I think we are going to resign Kemba.

Reminds me of the Conley situation in Memphis. Not a fan of keeping a 30 year old PG on the roster longer than he should be. But, ohhhhhhhhhhh well. 

2 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

As long as everyone is happy picking around 10th or 11th in the draft each year, I am too........

Image result for rolling eyes gif

Which is why I've been on the trade Kemba idea but with 44m in expiring that could help us fast track our rebuild if that what we decide to do.  

If we are keeping Kemba I would be a little disappointed in the lack of direction with him as our star player. 

746289567_ScreenShot2018-06-30at8_32_15PM.thumb.png.aee90f87a09d950bf7651ee35daf8842.png

They haven't updated since the Mozgov trade - but Kemba, Lamb, Frank and Stone will expire after this upcoming season. Monk is a team option we most definitely will be picking up. Marvin and MKG would be fools to opt out of their contracts - so we will still be on the hook for those numbers.

Kemba will demand a MAX to stay here - we all know he could go anywhere and have a better opportunity to win soooo - A) he leaves and bP cries B) he stays for the MAX (approx. $25-$30 @ year).
That will still leave us with a decent cap number to bring back Lamb - if he follows up last year with another good year this year. Frank can walk his goofy-a$$ right out the door. By this time, Monk, Bacon and Miles will be much better evaluated and we will know what we really have. To be honest - I like all the potential in our guards. Our Bigs are not terrible but no stars and no star potential at all... Just vanilla (pun intended).

31 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

746289567_ScreenShot2018-06-30at8_32_15PM.thumb.png.aee90f87a09d950bf7651ee35daf8842.png

They haven't updated since the Mozgov trade - but Kemba, Lamb, Frank and Stone will expire after this upcoming season. Monk is a team option we most definitely will be picking up. Marvin and MKG would be fools to opt out of their contracts - so we will still be on the hook for those numbers.

Kemba will demand a MAX to stay here - we all know he could go anywhere and have a better opportunity to win soooo - A) he leaves and bP cries B) he stays for the MAX (approx. $25-$30 @ year).
That will still leave us with a decent cap number to bring back Lamb - if he follows up last year with another good year this year. Frank can walk his goofy-a$$ right out the door. By this time, Monk, Bacon and Miles will be much better evaluated and we will know what we really have. To be honest - I like all the potential in our guards. Our Bigs are not terrible but no stars and no star potential at all... Just vanilla (pun intended).

What's ironic is that we have tried over and over for PF but never can get it right. That is our weak spot. I definitely would like an athletic PF who can shoot a jumper. Is that too much to ask for? 

Zeller: Originally picked as a PF

Vonleh: Lasted only a year before flipping for Nic

Frank: Wanted someone "who could contribute right away" 

Archived