• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sugar coating RBs, CJ lead back

2 hours ago, Woodie said:

CMC is more about speed, quickness, and explosion than power.  Nobody disputes that.  But CMC is better at breaking tackles than a lot of people here want to give him credit for.  Nobody's going to break a whole lot of tackles when defenses get clean shots and are able to gang tackle, like happened last year.  Play design often clogged the middle and Shula tended to run our guys right into that clog.  

Since so much of our offense was underneath, there was really not much space for any of our backs to run...even when they took it outside, there were usually multiple defenders waiting.  And that's not something Kamara faced much last year.  He had a coach that knew how to create space for his backs to work.  So both of NO's backs had more room to work and they rarely got hit full on by multiple defenders within the first 5-10 yards like CMC and Stewart did. 

While CMC will never be a power back like some here want, he does have enough power to break arm tackles, and he is good at using his shiftiness to avoid solid hits and get to the second level.  But that only works when there's somewhere to shift to, which requires a coach that knows how to spread defenses out...which I believe we finally now have.

Kamara is also quicker and faster. Kamara can take a simple swing route for 15 yards, while Mccaffrey gets arm tackled

This has nothing to do with scheme, this is I’m better than you

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Kamara is also quicker and faster. Kamara can take a simple swing route for 15 yards, while Mccaffrey gets arm tackled

OK

10 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Kamara isn't faster. Stop making things up. They actually measured these things you know.

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Kamara isn't faster. Stop making things up. They actually measured these things you know.

Yep they do measure it and Kamara regularly hit faster speeds on the field. Kamara was clocked in over 20 mph Mccaffrey best was 19 mph. 40 yard dash is meaningless 

33 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep they do measure it and Kamara regularly hit faster speeds on the field. Kamara was clocked in over 20 mph Mccaffrey best was 19 mph. 40 yard dash is meaningless 

Oh so It takes Kam ara longer to cover 40 yards but he is still faster? Did police radar make his 20 mph official? Lol

1 hour ago, Mikey818 said:

Oh so It takes Kam ara longer to cover 40 yards but he is still faster? Did police radar make his 20 mph official? Lol

Yep, 40 yard dash is more about technique  and form than actual speed. Mccaffrey ran a faster 40 than Fournette LMAO, Fournette in reality is twice as fast, same with Kamara. 

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep, 40 yard dash is more about technique  and form than actual speed. Mccaffrey ran a faster 40 than Fournette LMAO, Fournette in reality is twice as fast, same with Kamara. 

Lol if they are twice as fast why are they behind after 40 yards? Slow starters? Not good for football

9 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

So if you line  the three up for a 40 yard race you agree cmc would win. But still maintain that the others are much faster? Great logic 

10 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

So if you line  the three up for a 40 yard race you agree cmc would win. But still maintain that the others are much faster? Great logic 

Yep, it called football speed. That’s what Fournette and Kamara hardly ever get caught from behind, meanwhile Mccaffrey.....

14 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep, it called football speed. That’s what Fournette and Kamara hardly ever get caught from behind, meanwhile Mccaffrey.....

I saw cmc torch saints in the playoff gameThey didn’t catch him until he was in end zone I w take that speed

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

I don't recall CMC getting caught from behind very often, it's just that as a rookie he had virtually zero ability to run through any contact.

I mean, if you have legit sub-4.5 speed you're rarely going to get caught from behind. Once you have a couple of steps on someone they're not catching you unless it's a really long field.

Archived