• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Create $5.1m In Additional Cap Space By Converting Luke's Salary Into A Signing Bonus

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

We've ignored the Safety position long enough, time to trade for Earl to mentor our new Safety, and pay him solid money. 

This!

Our Safeties, a 37 year old guy

Searcy- who is a jag and castoff from some other teams.  Plus just got a concussion 

Collin Jones

Gaulden

I dont know what group looks in worse shape right now.  OT or Safety.  At least Moton looks good, and Williams will eventually come back.

Jones, Gaulden, look terrible.  Searcy looks about the level of our safties last year

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Thats the thing.  Saftey price tags have really dropped here recently.  As you just saw with Honey Badger

I agree. To a point. Eric Berry just got paid last year and Lamarcus Joyner would have cashed in if not for an 11M franchise tag. I just don’t see Thomas settling for a lowball offer. Like I said....strange. 

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

But we would have way more cap space for replacement plus larsen would take over for kalil anyway.

This isn't April. Having $20 million in cap space is pretty meaningless at this point unless you go on an insane trading spree and that would be pretty reckless.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

I agree. To a point. Eric Berry just got paid last year and Lamarcus Joyner would have cashed in if not for an 11M franchise tag. I just don’t see Thomas settling for a lowball offer. 

Joyner is a young up and coming guy.

Thomas, while a stud.  Is 29 and just 2 years removed from a big injury that had him placed on IR.  Sounds alot like Honey Badger just older

Archived