• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Create $5.1m In Additional Cap Space By Converting Luke's Salary Into A Signing Bonus

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was a huge Hurney hater and still remain cautious, but he is gaining my confidence.   First, he had a solid draft it seems--especially in the fourth and fifth rounds--I expect (this is not exaggerated) that his first six picks (Moore, Jackson, Gaulden, Thomas, Haynes, and Carter) will be starting or playing key roles within three years.  Not ruling Smith out either.  Add free agent WR Wright and NT Poe, he had a good off season.

I don't like being wrong, but it lookss as though  screwing up taught him something.  
POINT?  I feel confident this is part of something that will help the team.

But we got new ownership. Tepper the truth. He won’t let Hurney get to crazy

9 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

He's retiring at the end of the season man. Not sure what you wanted the Managers to do at this point. 

Want them to do? How bout CUT HIM from the beginning of the off seadon and create that cap space. Please tell me what is the optimism in having a guy on the roster one more year for 10 million who has barely played half a season the last couple years? 

How do we know he is not gonna get hurt anyway at some point and were gonna have to find more help regardless? Its not hard to comprehend.

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Want them to do? How bout CUT HIM from the beginning of the off seadon and create that cap space. Please tell me what is the optimism in having a guy on the roster one more year for 10 million who has barely played half a season the last couple years? 

How do we know he is not gonna get hurt anyway at some point and were gonna have to find more help regardless? Its not hard to comprehend.

Cut Kalil and replace him with who?

I know people are talking themselves into Earl Thomas, but the only thing that really makes sense to me is OT.  If we wanted a S, we would've gotten one by now.  RR doesn't give a damn about them, and Earl wants to be a Cowboy so it scares me trading for him without an extension in place.

OT tho?  With the injuries on the line, this move might signal Daryl isn't ready to come back at all, Kalil is still battling an injured hymen, and we know going into the BYE at 3-1 or better is a must.  If we're making the playoffs this year, Weeks 1 and 2 especially are HUGE games. 

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This isn't April. Having $20 million in cap space is pretty meaningless at this point unless you go on an insane trading spree and that would be pretty reckless.

You need to go back and read my first post again.  I clearly said IF we had of cut him when we had the chance. 

29 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

That's what I said but everyone says oh he's a vet and he won 2 SB's. Give me a break that dude needs to be cut ASAP.

You don’t know how a vet with two championship rings and a positive attitude is important to building a winner.  Yet you think you know what is good for the Panthers.  Give me a break.

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

I know people are talking themselves into Earl Thomas, but the only thing that really makes sense to me is OT.  If we wanted a S, we would've gotten one by now.  RR doesn't give a damn about them, and Earl wants to be a Cowboy so it scares me trading for him without an extension in place.

OT tho?  With the injuries on the line, this move might signal Daryl isn't ready to come back at all, Kalil is still battling an injured hymen, and we know going into the BYE at 3-1 or better is a must.  If we're making the playoffs this year, Weeks 1 and 2 especially are HUGE games. 

Well, we're hoping it's a Safety, or O-Line guy honestly. 

Archived