• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sirles to I.R, does Robinson start at RT week 1?

panther4life

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word that they're not gonna IR Williams. Don't think it was ever an option for Kalil.

Barring another move, this is what we got.

With that money we freed up from the Luke contract restructure, I'd think another move is coming. Question is, is it at OL or CB?

On OL I could see us sending Matt to temp IR to free up a space...or possibly cutting Amini. (A girl can dream)

For CB, not sure who we'd waive to make room...

Just now, KB_fan said:

With that money we freed up from the Luke contract restructure, I'd think another move is coming. Question is, is it at OL or CB?

On OL I could see us sending Matt to temp IR to free up a space...or possibly cutting Amini. (A girl can dream)

Breshaud Breeland 

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

I don't know that it's guaranteed another move is coming. You do need "breathing room" space to account for moves that have to be made during the season.

It's possible, but I won't be surprised if this is it.

As far as who might get waived for roster space, we have seven linebackers and two of them rookies, so my guess would be someone from that group.

17 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

True. But in the meantime we still need a healthy RT for week 1. For now Robinson is the guy. He'd better be 100%.

And who's behind Moton and Robinson?!

Wonder if there's still a chance that Williams or Matt will be sent to short-term IR to free up a spot to bring in someone else.

No doubt.  Our OT situation is scary right now.  Hopefully Moton plays well enough that we don't need to give him help so we can give it on the right side.  AND, we cannot afford any more injuries to the OT's, otherwise we may be seeing Mahon out there.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Sirles injures his hamstring and gets IR’d and Amini doesn’t? Why are we so stupid? In just a handful of plays I watched Sirles looked decent. Amini just plain blows. All that means is that Kalil and Amini will jump right back after they’re back. So stupid. 

I know it's frustrating, but hamstrings can be bad.  I linked a picture to someone else of Chuck Liddell showing his hamstring tear, and it was BAD.  If Sirles' is anywhere near that bad, there's no way he's playing any time soon.  And unfortunately, we're desperate for warm bodies on the OL, and no matter what we think of him, Amini is at least a warm body.  

15 hours ago, stbugs said:

Sirles injures his hamstring and gets IR’d and Amini doesn’t? Why are we so stupid? In just a handful of plays I watched Sirles looked decent. Amini just plain blows. All that means is that Kalil and Amini will jump right back after they’re back. So stupid. 

That's why a lot of people should be and will be fired.

Ugh I would just cut the bait with Kalil at this point. He has no value on the market anymore and no value to the team. Just eat the lost cash and get anyone else vet min. He’s abysmal. 

Amini should have been cut. Period. Injured but not bad enough for IR and just downright bad.

This past draft looks like a potential hit but we should’ve seriously looked for more depth outside of Sirles this offseason. We’re in an awful spot at the most critical part of an offense: the trenches.

Archived