• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Analysis: KP Show goes over five plays that Donte Jackson stood out in & why he's going to be a star

Saca312

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

^exactly. he has good hands and he's fast, but his cover ability needs to improve and he needs to be more consistent. Yeah he's got three picks but two of those were dead ducks and basically a gimme for anyone with decent hands. The play he made on the sidelines was a throw that shouldn't have been made but he capitalized. He'll get better.

True! He’s a rookie flashing like this. 2 of his Pass interference calls were straight bs. Also having decent safties would help mask some of the rookie mistakes. Guess what we don’t have that. Love what I’ve seen

I was high on Jackson the instant I saw how he played week 1. He's a little light, but he has great speed and quickness. And he processes the game quickly which is critical for making plays. Every CB is beaten due to the obvious advantage receivers have and pass rushers taking plays off intermittently. The key is to make quick decisions and move with a purpose. No delay. No false steps. I think part of my excitement is just because he's light years better than Worley. 

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

If Ryan Fitzpatrick can be the first QB to throw for three 400+ yard games in a row, anything is possible.

proof that its a glorified air raid league. soon you will have to two hand touch the qb. 

Just like every other qb throwing for a 4,000 yards when it only happen about 5 times during the 90's and down.

8 hours ago, Snake said:

He was not beat. He had outside leverage on Ross and Dalton would have had to throw to his outside shoulder to get it in bounds. Aaron Rodgers might have made the play and maybe Brees but that's it in the league. Stop hating on a native and just be happy for the guy. BTW he's going to get that pick I promised from Brees just wait. 

I'm not hating at all. I love his versatility. His speed can't be coached. And he was always one of the better tacklers at CB we had. Dude brings some boom for his size. 

But he was beat on that play. 

9 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm not hating at all. I love his versatility. His speed can't be coached. And he was always one of the better tacklers at CB we had. Dude brings some boom for his size. 

But he was beat on that play. 

He wasn't but keep telling yourself that. 

10 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

But he was beat on that play

I mean fair enough. Last second burst from Ross did open up some space on the end of that route but my personal opinion is that it’s not the worst play to call getting beat on. Donte did really well keeping up and sticking with a 4.22 Ross nearly the whole play so I wouldn’t blame him much at all.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

I mean fair enough. Last second burst from Ross did open up some space on the end of that route but my personal opinion is that it’s not the worst play to call getting beat on. Donte did really well keeping up and sticking with a 4.22 Ross nearly the whole play so I wouldn’t blame him much at all.

Coverage wasn't bad at all. He even talked about how late he opened up his hips, which is impressive, but if he opens his hips a little earlier, he's in his hip pocket.

Archived