• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Analysis: KP Show goes over five plays that Donte Jackson stood out in & why he's going to be a star

Saca312

Jackson strikes me as one of those guys who's going to catch a lot of interceptions but also get burned for some big plays. Will probably also rack up his fair share of penalties in the process. That's just the nature of guys that play like he does.

Reminds me of Everson Walls. He was actually a pretty solid cornerback, but all anybody ever remembers him for is being underneath Dwight Clark's monster leap in the end zone.

Ans to be clear, I'll take that. Very few corners escape getting burned, especially with today's rules. These days it can be a very "feast or famine" type of position.

My biggest concern is his health. He seems to have been nicked up a fair amount in a  short period. Hoping that's just his transition to the NFL.

^exactly. he has good hands and he's fast, but his cover ability needs to improve and he needs to be more consistent. Yeah he's got three picks but two of those were dead ducks and basically a gimme for anyone with decent hands. The play he made on the sidelines was a throw that shouldn't have been made but he capitalized. He'll get better.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jackson strikes me as one of those guys who's going to catch a lot of interceptions but also get burned for some big plays. Will probably also rack up his fair share of penalties in the process. That's just the nature of guys that play like he does.

Reminds me of Everson Walls. He was actually a pretty solid cornerback, but all anybody ever remembers him for is being underneath Dwight Clark's monster leap in the end zone.

Ans to be clear, I'll take that. Very few corners escape getting burned, especially with today's rules. These days it can be a very "feast or famine" type of position.

My biggest concern is his health. He seems to have been nicked up a fair amount in a  short period. Hoping that's just his transition to the NFL.

Definitely. Even the one where he was complimented on how he could break late and still stay with the receiver he was beat and that probably should have been a reception down at the goal line. Now that's probably not a huge issue against receivers that aren't John Ross or someone similarly fast like Tyreek Hill but that can still be exploited by great offenses. Desean Jackson, Ted Ginn, OBJ, AB, Antonio Callaway and possibly Calvin Ridley all have the ability to make him pay on a play like that and he will likely cover all of those receivers at some point this year.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

Definitely. Even the one where he was complimented on how he could break late and still stay with the receiver he was beat and that probably should have been a reception down at the goal line. Now that's probably not a huge issue against receivers that aren't John Ross or someone similarly fast like Tyreek Hill but that can still be exploited by great offenses. Desean Jackson, Ted Ginn, OBJ, AB, Antonio Callaway and possibly Calvin Ridley all have the ability to make him pay on a play like that and he will likely cover all of those receivers at some point this year.

His rookie year is probably when he'll get burned the most. People need to allow for that and be patient with him.

But like I said, his health is the bigger deal to me. So far it's primarily minor tweaks and such, but he has missed some playing time because of those things.

Very much hoping he gets past them.

1 minute ago, tondi said:

The ints will slow down if for no other reason than people will stop throwing at him. He's been doing well though. 

Valid, but I wouldn't exactly encourage my QB to throw at Bradberry either.

As long as Jackson stays healthy, we have the potential for a decent pair of corners.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His rookie year is probably when he'll get burned the most. People need to allow for that and be patient with him.

But like I said, his health is the bigger deal to me. So far it's primarily minor tweaks and such, but he has missed some playing time because of those things.

Very much hoping he gets past them.

Agreed. I expect him to get beat a couple times, but I'm fine with it. I'll take the bad with all the good he is bringing. His attitude and swagger is awesome and something we've been sorely lacking since we let Norman go.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid, but I wouldn't exactly encourage my QB to throw at Bradberry either.

As long as Jackson stays healthy, we have the potential for a decent pair of corners.

I think I might rather have some of that boom or bust rather than just stay 10 yards back and be consistently giving up 8 yards ahaha. Most of that is on the call though. With Jacksons speed being a major factor on him keeping up at this level so far means he'll only get better as his technical skills improve. He may be our best corner potentially since Gamble/Norman but he's actually faster than both.

Love his style, but I feel like teams are going to soon recognize his aggression and have him bite on some fake out and go routes. I think he might be just fast enough to recover on most fakes, but I can definitely see a few home run passes against him here and there.

but far more upside than there are down. Glad we drafted him and glad we’re actually playing him so soon.

Archived