• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins Benched Josh Norman In The Second Half

Saca312

On 10/9/2018 at 10:26 PM, beastson said:

If that contract wasn't a killer, we could trade for him and would quietly be building a solid D

I’ve thought of that too but no way we could do that without him agreeing to a considerable pay cut, which won’t happen (because if he would, Skins would just keep him for less rather than trade him). 

I’m certain though he’s gone from the Skins after this year. May not return here (I could see us sticking with James and Donte) but highly doubt he’s with the Skins after this year. I’d love to see him return here but have heard talk that it’s not likely. We’ll see soon enough...

19 hours ago, t96 said:

I’ve thought of that too but no way we could do that without him agreeing to a considerable pay cut, which won’t happen (because if he would, Skins would just keep him for less rather than trade him). 

I’m certain though he’s gone from the Skins after this year. May not return here (I could see us sticking with James and Donte) but highly doubt he’s with the Skins after this year. I’d love to see him return here but have heard talk that it’s not likely. We’ll see soon enough...

I think some folks genuinely believe that Norman wanted desperately to sign for less money in Carolina but was basically forced to sign a huge contract elsewhere at gunpoint.

If Washington cuts him, he may well come back here, but it's not guaranteed that he won't sign somewhere else if another team offers him more money.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now being reported that Jay Gruden walked over and ripped Norman's headphones off. Norman had his back to him at the time.

Norman got pissed and started to walk away. Gruden yelled that if he kept walking, he wouldn't start the second half. Norman kept walking.

More info on halftime incident between Norman, Gruden

Well kinda both at fault there. You don't treat another man that way. This kinda gives me the impression Jay is power tripping. 

Archived