• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: Why Curtis Samuel is an emerging star

Saca312

On 10/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, JARROD said:

Oh he’s solid, but he’s gone next year so I say start Moore Samuel and Wright— the poor mans cotchery.

Ooh! Former panther comps! I like it. How about Samuel as a “rich man’s” philly Brown. Philly Brown was knock offs from wal-mart. Hurney finally got us the real deal nikes.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:34 PM, Dunn said:

Until Funchess learns how to use his size to his advantage, to me he is a #4 on the team behind DJ, Curtis and Wright.  

I agree. Wright is everything that a vet receiver should be. He gets at least the same amount of separation and YAC that Funchess does and actually catches the ball. If I see Funchess double catch a routine ball with his clapping, seal-flipper hands one more time.....

Man that was a long write-up for a guy this is essentially a rookie in RR mind. He should be given more snaps to develop into the player we drafted him to be. HE is way behind the curve on that front due to injury.

BUT...we all know that wont happen! DJ will get more starter time than CS. Frankly I like that. We have too many explosive breakout players now between Curtis, Christian, and DJ.  Curtis is a backup so to speak, because RR worries like so many do that CM cannot take a full season of RB duties and role like he has.  I believe he worries and almost expects CM to get injured, or get worn down as the season draws on. Enter Curtis Samuel. Another hybrid. Can be a RB...can be a short/intermediate range receiver. fights like all hell.

I dont want them all on the field. We dont need all of them on the field. Our scheme and plays wont utilize them to the 100% anyway...so no reason or all of them to be out there risking injury when all are this young. 

43 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I agree. Wright is everything that a vet receiver should be. He gets at least the same amount of separation and YAC that Funchess does and actually catches the ball. If I see Funchess double catch a routine ball with his clapping, seal-flipper hands one more time.....

Funchess has caught 64.3% of his targets. Wright has caught 63.2%.

Take a look at the receivers he is ahead of. Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Julio Jones...just to name a few. Facts are interesting.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#catch-percentage

21 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Funchess has caught 64.3% of his targets. Wright has caught 63.2%.

Take a look at the receivers he is ahead of. Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Julio Jones...just to name a few. Facts are interesting.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#catch-percentage

Facts are interesting. That stat must have a whole lot of meaning. I assume you’d take Funchess over all of those guys then?

2 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Ooh! Former panther comps! I like it. How about Samuel as a “rich man’s” philly Brown. Philly Brown was knock offs from wal-mart. Hurney finally got us the real deal nikes.

Now if Ron will just let us wear them!

Archived