• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pixel 3 (Not the XL)

saX man

This thang...

• Best camera on the market (by a long shot)
  • Google Assistant > Siri (or) Bixby
  • 5.5 size (Basically the X, the goldilocks zone of phone IMO)
  • 799.00 compared to the XS at 1000+
  • Downsides: Your texts are green on your friend's phones!..but you can change color on your end ;)  + no headphone jack (but comes w/adaptors and compatible headphones)

google-pixel-3-hands-on-0-980x620.jpg

Now real tech nerds or savings peeps may gravitate towards the Pocophone or OnePlus, but given the incentives, stock Android, and the greater google product launch, I think this will give the iphone a run for it's money.  Didn't want to pay for the XS, didn't want the XR since I have a 6...S9 is nice but not stock Android and it still has the Bixby button. 

This thing is pretty much on the money.

If you want a deal now, the Pixel 2XL is 650.00 through Google.  And if you know the right sites, you can find new/mint unboxed around 400.00.  

Any fans? And yes, we can talk about the notch on the 3XL.    

I giggle.  

I have had a Pixel XL one for two years now. It is just as fast now, as when I first got it. I have only used 20% of the storage and the battery easily still lasts all day. Plus, whenever there is an Android update, Google gets it the SAME DAY! No waiting for a year like Samsung.  Zero bloatware on the Google phone also. I am probably going to get the new Pixel 3 XL, just because I want it, lol.

That's what I'm thinking about getting next for myself and the wife.  We've been on Samsung S8s since we got a great BOGO deal.  I was on a LG G6 before that.  We're seeing some issues popping up with the USB connector going bad and some generally buggy behavior that's not helped by resets (terrible wifi, "jank" among many others).  We've gotten to a point with the S8s where we just aren't happy.

I still love pulling out my G6.  Just feels so good in the hand even now, it was just the battery life was pretty poopy.

We are really looking hard at the Pixel 3, not the XLs, no notch please.

Archived