• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Fire Rivera Group

DaveThePanther2008

28 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

8 years in and we are still waiting...you Rivera supporters are willing to wait till Cam is at the end of his career? Who say Rivera doesn't just retire from coaching wants Cam is gone? Thats a lot of years as a head coach with no Lombardi and now we have to start over with a new coach and find a new QB. 

I just see trend of hypotheticals being asked around here in regards to if we let him go, so im interested to know whats the outcomes of keeping him.

No. The question is can you improve on the above average performance that Rivera has had so far. 

It’s possible, but more likely you regress.and waste countless years paying for it. 

7 years without a SB isn’t some kind of awful achievement. 

5 head coaches have won SBs since Rivera took over. 

belichek

Pederson

Kubiak-out of coaching

Carroll- Doesn’t seem to be the great HC he was before

Coughlin- who was forced out for the hot new OC candidate. Which has really worked out for them...lol

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

For months now we have heard over and over (from the Rivera haters) how Rivera won't ever get us a Lombardi and that Rivera should be canned. 

Suppose Tepper agrees with you and fires Rivera after the season.   Who is the Sean McVay you want to hire?  What head coach/OC/DC do you want to see?

I am not a fan of replacing Rivera and believe bringing in a new system will be cost us at minimum one more season.

So let me get this straight

If we fail to make the playoffs, you want Rivera to stay?

29 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What is the point of asking this? Do all teams have a replacement in place before they fire the current coach? Give me a list. Better yet....Does an interview process even exist anymore? Was Rivera already hired before Fox was gone even with him already being a lame duck? 

Dont understand the context. 

If a GM or AD doesn’t have 5 names in mind at all times, he’s not doing his job. 

And we aren’t just discussing firing a coach off a 2-14 season. It’s about firing a coach who has been to the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I’d replace him with the best candidate after a dozen or so interviews.

God the standards here are so fugging low. 

It’s not too much to ask for a head coach that can produce back to back winning seasons.

So if we go 9-7 every year....you good?

17 minutes ago, Toomers said:

If a GM or AD doesn’t have 5 names in mind at all times, he’s not doing his job. 

And we aren’t just discussing firing a coach off a 2-14 season. It’s about firing a coach who has been to the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years. 

Blah, blah, blah.  I get tired of hearing the playoff line.  Let's analysis that playoff record for a second under Rivera.  2013  and 2017 seasons 0-1 in playoffs....... NO WINS.  2014  made it with a 7-8-1 record and barely beat a team who was starting there third string QB against the Cardinals at home so when you really look at it outside the superbowl run when Cam was playing out his mind his playoff resume is really not that impressive in 8 seasons. Just FYI. Thats barely above Bengals level succes.

14 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I’d replace him with the best candidate after a dozen or so interviews.

God the standards here are so fugging low. 

It’s not too much to ask for a head coach that can produce back to back winning seasons.

Come on.   Who?  You have to have someone in mind that is going to take us the next step.

You guys will be the first ones to bitch and moan when the replacement regresses this team. 

Rivera isn't great but he damn sure is better than what is out there now.  There isn't another Sean McVay that is sitting there ready to be the next genius.

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Blah, blah, blah.  I get tired of hearing the playoff line.  Let's analysis that playoff record for a second under Rivera.  2013  and 2017 seasons 0-1 in playoffs....... NO WINS.  2014  made it with a 7-8-1 record and barely beat a team who was starting there third string QB against the Cardinals at home so when you really look at it outside the superbowl run when Cam was playing out his mind his playoff resume is really not that impressive in 8 seasons. Just FYI. 

Well come on, man.  Who you got.  You deflect the question because you have NO ONE that comes to your mind that will make a difference.  

You're chicken to put a name to your argument.  The topic is.  Who are you going to replace him with?  You have College coaches, OC and DC and your John Gruden's that are sitting at home.  Which one you got?

2 minutes ago, HornetsSting said:

I have put some thought into this. 

A. Offensive coordinator is a MUST

B. NEVER hire one from an elite team with an elite QB. Why? It’s simple, you want to hire an offensive coordinator that makes the QB, not a offensive QB that is MADE by a QB. In other words, is the Packers offensive coordinator that good or is it because he happens to have GOAT as QB? Hence, Josh McDaniels from the Pats, need I say more? So scratch offensive coordinators from teams like the Saints, Packers, Pats etc.

C. YOUNG, prefer late 30s early 40s. This is becoming an increasingly millennial league and you need a fresh perspective and a guy that can adapt.

SO who would be my top choice that meets the requirement? Bill Lazor- Offensive coordinator for the Bengals. He is only 42, the Bengals offensive has always been great without a GOAT QB, he is young but experienced. The Bengals while good, aren’t elite. Remember, don’t fall into the trap if hiring from elite teams. You want middle of the road good teams like the Bengals.

Bll Lazor would top my short list. 

Thank you.  Someone with some balls to go out on a limb.   I respect the thought and who knows maybe he would bring a little spunk to our offense. 

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Come on.   Who?  You have to have someone in mind that is going to take us the next step.

You guys will be the first ones to bitch and moan when the replacement regresses this team. 

Rivera isn't great but he damn sure is better than what is out there now.  There isn't another Sean McVay that is sitting there ready to be the next genius.

LMAO...We are glad you know this as fact. Thanks for the info. 

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Blah, blah, blah.  I get tired of hearing the playoff line.  Let's analysis that playoff record for a second under Rivera.  2013  and 2017 seasons 0-1 in playoffs....... NO WINS.  2014  made it with a 7-8-1 record and barely beat a team who was starting there third string QB against the Cardinals at home so when you really look at it outside the superbowl run when Cam was playing out his mind his playoff resume is really not that impressive in 8 seasons. Just FYI. Thats barely above Bengals level succes.

You dizzy yet? You just spun that off the table. 

Don’t mention how two years we played well enough to earn a bye. So no easy first round wins. 3 years in the divisional round and a SB appearance. 1 of only 10 teams to lose only one game in a regular season in modern NFL history. Compared to a team that hasn’t won a playoff game since George Bush was in office. The DAD! Sure. That fits. 

So who you getting? Or is that too hard to answer?   

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

LMAO...We are glad you know this as fact. Thanks for the info. 

Who you got?  If you got no one in mind say so.   Proves my point when you don't. 

You want to replace Rivera but don't have a ***** inkling who you would replace him with.  Just fire him and go from there.  Regardless of whether we improve or not.  Just fire Rivera.  

Archived