• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Fire Rivera Group

DaveThePanther2008

For months now we have heard over and over (from the Rivera haters) how Rivera won't ever get us a Lombardi and that Rivera should be canned. 

Suppose Tepper agrees with you and fires Rivera after the season.   Who is the Sean McVay you want to hire?  What head coach/OC/DC do you want to see?

I am not a fan of replacing Rivera and believe bringing in a new system will be cost us at minimum one more season.

There are no amazing head coaches out there that are left that have made it known they want to coach as the top guy in the NFL. College coaches have been a huge risk and even some of the better coaches in the NFL are up an down at times. Nobody could have told me they saw the Eagles coming last season. Remember when the Jags got a new head coach a few years back and the whole league was lauding him as a slam dunk next big coach? Then he preceeding to be a bad coach for a few years before he got replaced by a known mediocre coach who got them to the AFC Championship after that. And how are they doing one year after the AFC Championship? The Eagles? After an epic playoff how did Foles look this season? Is it coaching? Is it the players? What? 

The Chargers fired a coach the offseason after he went 14-2. How have they faired since then? Don Shula has a perfect season under his belt. The year before that he got the NFL record for fewest points in a Super Bowl with 3. 

Cowher was hired in 1992 to take over the Steelers and he lost a Super Bowl in his third season. He won his first Super Bowl in 2005-2006 season. If we had him we would have been running him out of town by 1998. 

Y'all love McVay but his story in a few years could easily be a dude with an ultra talented team who doesn't even have a Super Bowl appearance under this belt. 

I am not fond of Rivera but theres no glaring better options out there that are obvious. We could bring in a new guy and elevate us but the odds say bringing in a new head coach anytime soon puts the nail in the coffin for Cam wasting his prime not going back to a Super Bowl, where Rivera already took us once before.  

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

There are no amazing head coaches out there that are left that have made it known they want to coach as the top guy in the NFL. College coaches have been a huge risk and even some of the better coaches in the NFL are up an down at times. Nobody could have told me they saw the Eagles coming last season. Remember when the Jags got a new head coach a few years back and the whole league was lauding him as a slam dunk next big coach? Then he preceeding to be a bad coach for a few years before he got replaced by a known mediocre coach who got them to the AFC Championship after that. And how are they doing one year after the AFC Championship? The Eagles? After an epic playoff how did Foles look this season? Is it coaching? Is it the players? What? 

The Chargers fired a coach the offseason after he went 14-2. How have they faired since then? Don Shula has a perfect season under his belt. The year before that he got the NFL record for fewest points in a Super Bowl with 3. 

Cowher was hired in 1992 to take over the Steelers and he lost a Super Bowl in his third season. He won his first Super Bowl in 2005-2006 season. If we had him we would have been running him out of town by 1998. 

Y'all love McVay but his story in a few years could easily be a dude with an ultra talented team who doesn't even have a Super Bowl appearance under this belt. 

I am not fond of Rivera but theres no glaring better options out there that are obvious. We could bring in a new guy and elevate us but the odds say bringing in a new head coach anytime soon puts the nail in the coffin for Cam wasting his prime not going back to a Super Bowl, where Rivera already took us once before.  

This is my philosophy too.  We run a great risk of being worse than better.  College coaches aren't the answer and IMO we would only retread some OC or DC that failed once before as a head coach.  It worked out for Billicheat but those are rare to be fired and succeed later on. 

That's why I was asking.  So many want to fire Rivera but offer no relevant solution other than to fire him. 

31 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

i honestly believe Rivera is very close to being an above average head coach, he just needs to adjust his philosophy to match the NFL in 2018 and let go of the '85 bears mentality.

8 years in and we are still waiting...you Rivera supporters are willing to wait till Cam is at the end of his career? Who say Rivera doesn't just retire from coaching wants Cam is gone? Thats a lot of years as a head coach with no Lombardi and now we have to start over with a new coach and find a new QB. 

I just see trend of hypotheticals being asked around here in regards to if we let him go, so im interested to know whats the outcomes of keeping him.

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

8 years in and we are still waiting...you Rivera supporters are willing to wait till Cam is at the end of his career? Who say Rivera doesn't just retire from coaching wants Cam is gone? Thats a lot of years as a head coach with no Lombardi and now we have to start over with a new coach and find a new QB. 

I just see trend of hypotheticals being asked around here in regards to if we let him go, so im interested to know whats the outcomes of keeping him.

This thread is for you.  You want to jettison Rivera.  Who are you going to replace him with?

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This thread is for you.  You want to jettison Rivera.  Who are you going to replace him with?

What is the point of asking this? Do all teams have a replacement in place before they fire the current coach? Give me a list. Better yet....Does an interview process even exist anymore? Was Rivera already hired before Fox was gone even with him already being a lame duck? 

Dont understand the context. 

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

What is the point of asking this? Do all teams have a replacement in place before they fire the current coach? Give me a list. Better yet....Does an interview process even exist anymore? Was Rivera already hired before Fox was gone even with him already being a lame duck? 

Dont understand the context. 

Very simple.  All head coaches are in place.  You have to select an offensive or defensive coordinator  or someone who isn't working now or maybe a college coach who you think would be better fit for this team. 

You're so ready to get rid of him give me who YOU want to see running this team that isn't already a head coach.

You're deflecting because there isn't anyone out there that will do a better job or has the potential to do a better job.  

56 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

i honestly believe Rivera is very close to being an above average head coach, he just needs to adjust his philosophy to match the NFL in 2018 and let go of the '85 bears mentality.

This. He came out in the offseason and stated he was against all of the data available to all teams now, which is such a "football guy" mentality. Whereas Tepper said at the start of the season that analytics need to be used to be successful. Rivera needs to embrace what it takes to be successful in 2018. I think he is really good at getting this team to play well when it needs to but at the end of the day, we don't do anything that gives us an edge over most teams other than having better players. 

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Very simple.  All head coaches are in place.  You have to select an offensive or defensive coordinator  or someone who isn't working now or maybe a college coach who you think would be better fit for this team. 

You're so ready to get rid of him give me who YOU want to see running this team that isn't already a head coach.

You're deflecting because there isn't anyone out there that will do a better job or has the potential to do a better job.  

Yes they are in place.....AFTER THEY INTERVIEW.  Which means Tep would have to make the decision to fire Rivera first. New coach takes over after this season. Jesus christ this isnt rocket science. 

Archived