• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Fire Rivera Group

DaveThePanther2008

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

For months now we have heard over and over (from the Rivera haters) how Rivera won't ever get us a Lombardi and that Rivera should be canned. 

Suppose Tepper agrees with you and fires Rivera after the season.   Who is the Sean McVay you want to hire?  What head coach/OC/DC do you want to see?

I am not a fan of replacing Rivera and believe bringing in a new system will be cost us at minimum one more season.

LOL, easy. Lincoln Riley Head Coach of OU. He had NFL Coaches coming in over the Summer trying to learn some of his Offensive concepts. 

7 minutes ago, HornetsSting said:

I have put some thought into this. 

A. Offensive coordinator is a MUST

B. NEVER hire one from an elite team with an elite QB. Why? It’s simple, you want to hire an offensive coordinator that makes the QB, not a offensive coordinator that is MADE by a QB. In other words, is the Packers offensive coordinator that good or is it because he happens to have GOAT as QB? Hence, Josh McDaniels from the Pats, need I say more? So scratch offensive coordinators from teams like the Saints, Packers, Pats etc.

C. YOUNG, prefer late 30s early 40s. This is becoming an increasingly millennial league and you need a fresh perspective and a guy that can adapt.

SO who would be my top choice that meets the requirement? Bill Lazor- Offensive coordinator for the Bengals. He is only 42, the Bengals offense has always been great without a GOAT QB, he is young but experienced. The Bengals while good, aren’t elite. Remember, don’t fall into the trap of hiring from elite teams. You want middle of the road good teams like the Bengals.

Bll Lazor would top my short list. 

That’s an interesting name. Good call. 

8 minutes ago, HornetsSting said:

I have put some thought into this. 

A. Offensive coordinator is a MUST

B. NEVER hire one from an elite team with an elite QB. Why? It’s simple, you want to hire an offensive coordinator that makes the QB, not a offensive coordinator that is MADE by a QB. In other words, is the Packers offensive coordinator that good or is it because he happens to have GOAT as QB? Hence, Josh McDaniels from the Pats, need I say more? So scratch offensive coordinators from teams like the Saints, Packers, Pats etc.

C. YOUNG, prefer late 30s early 40s. This is becoming an increasingly millennial league and you need a fresh perspective and a guy that can adapt.

SO who would be my top choice that meets the requirement? Bill Lazor- Offensive coordinator for the Bengals. He is only 42, the Bengals offense has always been great without a GOAT QB, he is young but experienced. The Bengals while good, aren’t elite. Remember, don’t fall into the trap of hiring from elite teams. You want middle of the road good teams like the Bengals.

Bll Lazor would top my short list. 

Sounds like Lincoln Riley from OU is what you would like, sir. 

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

LMAO...We are glad you know this as fact. Thanks for the info. 

Just as you state as fact that firing Rivera would be an absolute upgrade. All anyone has said in this thread is there’s more to consider that your.tupical “fire everybody” schtick.

Use your words. Make a logical point instead of an lready tired rant. 

5 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

LOL, easy. Lincoln Riley Head Coach of OU. He had NFL Coaches coming in over the Summer trying to learn some of his Offensive concepts. 

When you see the name of the poster and already know exactly what’s coming....

Sorry man.... but you came through 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

8 years in and we are still waiting...you Rivera supporters are willing to wait till Cam is at the end of his career? Who say Rivera doesn't just retire from coaching wants Cam is gone? Thats a lot of years as a head coach with no Lombardi and now we have to start over with a new coach and find a new QB. 

I just see trend of hypotheticals being asked around here in regards to if we let him go, so im interested to know whats the outcomes of keeping him.

read my post history and you'll see i'm far from a supporter.  all i said was what i see that rivera needs to do to be above average.  whether he can do that or not is the question and evidenced by his tenure thus far, it is highly unlikely. 

the risk in bringing someone else may or may not be worth it.  there is a chance the team, due to the talent, could win it all despite rivera's conservative approach.

we don't need to have names, we don't get to do the interviews either.  its weird.   the fear of getting worse is ridiculous.    then you try again.  this isn't a marriage you settle for because you can't do better.  this is football.  quit thinking like a wuss.   cutting losses is one of the hardest lessons to learn in life

1 minute ago, billionairemonk said:

read my post history and you'll see i'm far from a supporter.  all i said was what i see that rivera needs to do to be above average.  whether he can do that or not is the question and evidenced by his tenure thus far, it is highly unlikely. 

the risk in bringing someone else may or may not be worth it.  there is a chance the team, due to the talent, could win it all despite rivera's conservative approach.

How has he not been “above average” so far? 

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How has he not been “above average” so far? 

.58 win % technically yes

i actually edited it to say above average instead of excellent because i felt it was more realistic.

to add to this, he did get a franchise QB from day 1 and the GOAT MLB shortly thereafter.  with those factors considered, i would say he's been average at best even though the win % technically says otherwise.

2 minutes ago, raz said:

we don't need to have names, we don't get to do the interviews either.  its weird.   the fear of getting worse is ridiculous.    then you try again.  this isn't a marriage you settle for because you can't do better.  this is football.  quit thinking like a wuss.   cutting losses is one of the hardest lessons to learn in life

And in the process waste the career of many a good football player.   You don't throw Shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.  You make decisions that are long term not what if.  If you are going to bring someone in, he better know his stuff. 

You want to replace him? Fine.  Who is your choice?  

Archived