• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comparing Donte Jackson and Denzel Ward's year thus far.

Saca312

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Care to explain hoe DJ and Ward play different positions? Try not being wrong in every thread for a change. I count 3 of the first four topics you have proven yourself again. B0E9AC5F-3F8E-4EEE-A6E0-CD2FBBF99EBA.gif.0e6eebf11f9c2c420bc2f76f8a0224cf.gif

Ok I tried to be funny but obviously you just want for this to turn into a bashing. Not going to play that. You win now stfu. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Ok I tried to be funny but obviously you just want for this to turn into a bashing. Not going to play that. 

What part of calling me stupid was supposed to be funny. I asked a question with humor that all you had to say was....oops my bad. But you’re not capable so you deflect into this BS again. Just you making false ridiculous statements on a regular basis. 

I wouldn't say he have a #1 corner in  the traditional sense, we have matchup options IMO. Bradberry covers most of the number ones as he has the best comparable size -- he's 6'1'' 210, and runs a 4.4 -- he's got the best all around build. 

What Jackson brings is vertical threat cover ability, he can run with the Ted Ginns, DeSean Jacksons, Jon Browns, and John Ross type of receivers that give Bradberry, and GAVE guys like Worley the most trouble. 

What we have is balance in the secondary, similar to the changes we see at receiver, we have guys that can excell at a role, but also bring a little extra to the table, we have size, RAC, and speed in the WR group. Only real similar guys honestly are Samuel and Moore. 

Well, the stats are wrong, to start. Ward has 9 pass deflections, not 4. He has also been only allowed a 72 passer rating, which isn't as good as Jackson, but he's been targeted a ton more, probably because he's lining up with teams #1, as a rookie, which is impressive. PFF has him on pace to be the most targetted rookie CB they've ever graded, and he's shutting it down. 

Jackson is having a great year. Wards has just been better, and it's not because of bias. He plays for the Browns for Christs sake lol.

22 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Well, the stats are wrong, to start. Ward has 9 pass deflections, not 4. He has also been only allowed a 72 passer rating, which isn't as good as Jackson, but he's been targeted a ton more, probably because he's lining up with teams #1, as a rookie, which is impressive. PFF has him on pace to be the most targetted rookie CB they've ever graded, and he's shutting it down. 

Jackson is having a great year. Wards has just been better, and it's not because of bias. He plays for the Browns for Christs sake lol.

Ward is on one of the worst teams in the NFL and has played weaker competition than Jackson. Jackson also takes on the teams fastest WR. That sometimes is their number 1 or number 3. Also it's hard to say someone is a DROY when his team ranks 30 in defense. I mean all he has to do is be average to not get targeted(not that I'm saying he is). Still people voting will see Jackson as a better CB because stats are close and Jackson will be in the playoffs and Ward will be sitting on the couch. 

42 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I mean definitely not arguing Ward has a leg on Donte.

I’m just arguing Donte has every right to be in the RDPOY conversation just like Cam has every right to be in the MVP conversation. They may not be clear cut favorites, but they at least deserve more buzz imo.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

I mean definitely not arguing Ward has a leg on Donte.

I’m just arguing Donte has every right to be in the RDPOY conversation just like Cam has every right to be in the MVP conversation. They may not be clear cut favorites, but they at least deserve more buzz imo.

Ahhhh. I definitely agree there. Although I think he's getting some love.

Archived