• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a 2 game lead in the Wildcard picture

Mage

With the Seahawks loss to the Rams, the Panthers now have a 2 game lead on the wildcard pack (Vikings are 5-3-1 but sit at the 6th seed while the Eagles could potentially move to 5-4 today but we hold the head-to-head over them which gives us that 2nd game).

We've got the Lions (3-6), Seahawks (4-5), Bucs (3-6), and Browns (3-6-1).  As a matter of fact the only team we play with a winning record from this point forward are the Saints. 

1 minute ago, dcpanther89 said:

Thinking like this we deserve to not make the playoffs none of those games are easy smh its the NFL you gotta prepare week to week and we didn’t this week obviously 

First of all, why do people always say this like someone on the Huddle is a player or coach of the Panthers?  Just because a fan thinks the schedule is easy doesn't mean the players aren't preparing.

Second, I never said the games were easy.  I was just posting a fact.

3 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Yes I think it’s time to start realizing we’ll be playing on the road if we make the playoffs. Good news to hear 

Better than not making it.  At this point I'm way more of a Panthers fan than I am an NFL fan, so if the Panthers aren't good I usually don't care about football.  Like I can barely recall much of what happened in the 2016 season other than 28-3.

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I think we can beat the Redskins if we get another swing at them but i dont think we can beat the burrs lol

The worst case scenario would be having to play the eagles in philly again. And with Washington’s injuries that’s looking more and more likely by the minute 

35 minutes ago, New York Panther said:

Was just thinking this. I'm glad we have a buffer like this. I just wanna make it to the dance and have a shot

If we can find a way to avoid the Saints, I like our chances vs any other team in the NFC. The problem is I only think the Rams can beat the Saints and they might not have to play them until the NFCC game.

I have no doubt we make the playoffs despite Thursday’s shitshow. However, that game put serious doubt into my mind of whether we can win our division and whether we can get past the wildcard round. The team lost a bit of my trust and will have to earn it back in the following weeks, and then cement it in our last 3 divisional games. I still have hope for this season.

Archived