• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

losing out will be the best thing for us

juliosantos

On 11/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, Navy_football said:

Nah bruh.

It's been proven that tactic never works out in the end. Hard to recover from a losing mentality. 

it's better to go for 2pts every time. but ya know, you have to score TDs...

edit; not this year, but statistically.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, pantherphan96 said:

can we start banning idiots who post this poo when we are above .500 and in the playoff hunt?

I'd vote no. If I had a vote.... these used to be some of the best threads on the Huddle, but now everyone is afraid to mock and ridicule, in a fun and good natured way, of course.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, steven8989 said:

We deserve better to cheer for, been cheering for almost 25 years and never back to back winning seasons. Tired of reading being mediocre is ok. If you don't like what's said go somewhere else. It's the TRUTH!

Browns fans got free beer this year.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:20 AM, Car123 said:

Dude the Saints were close to firing Sean Payton after some sub par season. They didn't blow up anything and look at where they are now.

We need to draft better and be smart in free agency. Our 2018 draft class is a good start.

The worst seasons the Saints have had with Payton at the helm is 7-9.  Two of those years was during the total rebuild, other was when the Saints were decimated by injuries and the other was when Payton was suspended all season for bogus reasons.  At no point has Payton been in danger of being fired.  Yes, there were speculations by web bloggers and media talking heads, but it was never considered by former owner Tom Benson and Tom's wife Gayle, the new owner.  Payton is like a son to them.  

On 11/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, TheMaulClaw said:

You don't think it's valuable to get DJ Moore, Samuel, Moton,  and Jackson playoff experience?  We don't need to blow everything up...we're not that far away. Truth is...if Gano makes his kicks you're not even starting this thread.

That said, certainly we have things we need to address in the off season. Those things can be fixed in my opinion with a decent draft and a few thoughtful signings. I don't think it requires a total rebuild.  

Here's my list of things that I think we can do in one off season that can fix things.   

1) Resigning Daryl Williams back will go a long way.  It was awful to see him go down...but long term it may be a blessing in disguise.  The type of experience and development that Moton has received has allowed us to grow another starting tackle.  In addition we may be able to resign Williams cheaper then previously expected.  Larsen is in prime position to take over for R.Kalil relatively seemlessly. 

2) Draft pass rushers.  Personally I think we need to double down on DL in the first two rounds.  I'd like to see us go after an edge rusher in the first round followed up by DT then another LB.  Preferably in that order but....if a DT or LB is by far the best on our board left in the 1st round...that's what you go after.

3) Fire Eric Washington and Brady Hoke.  Panthers have always been better when they have a DC that knows how to blitz effectively even if they don't blitz often.  Washington always appears one step behind.  Brady Hoke was given a lot of talent on paper when he accepted the Carolina job.  He's been able to get nothing from KK and Poe.  We know those two are talented because we've seen it before. He's failed to get the talent out of proven guys.

There are a few other loose ends I could throw in but I've gotta head to work.  Either way....I just don't think we're that far away.

Ron won't put Moore and Samuel on the field in the regular season because we only have one ball to pass. Do you seriously think they are going to see time on the field come playoffs? This team will continue to excel at mediocrity under Rivera. We are not going to have a consistent successful team under him. I'm ok with losing the year and giving Cam and Luke an actual chance at multiple playoff runs than another season making excuses for incompetence. Sometimes it's worth losing a battle to win a war.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:42 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

I was wondering who would be the fist knucklehead to make this post would be and when. 

This season ain't over. Anything could happen. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf3f32c79377a3567

"knuckleheads" ?    Clear thinking rates that kind of name calling?

"This season ain't over. Anything could happen."     Oh rah rah, with a defense that only shows up periodically the anything you refer to must be a 9-7 season.  A new owner should equal a new GM, new coaches and hopefully smarts enough to pay Daryl and cut Matt.  Going one and out in the playoffs is no great-shakes, so why be pretenders?  I won't be sobbing over Panther loses the rest of season if it lubricates the changes the organization needs!  Stop with the chronic homer routine and judging those who aren't so afflicted.

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Ron won't put Moore and Samuel on the field in the regular season because we only have one ball to pass. Do you seriously think they are going to see time on the field come playoffs? This team will continue to excel at mediocrity under Rivera. We are not going to have a consistent successful team under him. I'm ok with losing the year and giving Cam and Luke an actual chance at multiple playoff runs than another season making excuses for incompetence. Sometimes it's worth losing a battle to win a war.

I understand you're opinion. In my view...I dont think its wise to tank in the NFL. It's not the NBA where one guy makes all the difference. Besides we already tanked for Cam. We dont see teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Seahawks tanking. Winning breeds winning and it also makes you a sought after destination when free agency begins. The Patriots consistently pick late in the draft....yet they're a dynasty. We've seen the Browns pick high in the draft for decades yet they constantly suck...same with the Jets, Bucs, and Bills. Explain that?

The trick is to consistently make the playoffs. If you keep making the playoffs...at some point you're gonna bring home the trophy.

I will say it does make sense to tank if let's say if the team starts at 2-6 or something like that. But not when you're 6-4.

Archived