• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Tank Tyler actually be a factor?

The Question

Entertain me for a moment:

This is not exactly scientific, but with one to three more tackles a game, Tank might be one that you'd add to your fantasy squad. In IDP leagues, good defensive linemen are difficult to find, and Tank was at least on my watch list. Most of the time you are looking at probably about 6 points out of a DT, and Tank has scored an 8.5 and a 10 this year (along with three 4.5s). His production fell of last week (which was expected), but being that he is a DT, it won't take him too long to learn the playbook. So, I am fairly optimistic about his ability to make an impact because if you can show up in fantasy as a DT, then in reality you are doing a good job. Bottom line: he is a big guy with upside from what I've read, so he'll make an impact (if not immediately, then in the future).

So they got leagues in which you have to pick the right defensive players hmmm!

Yeah, IDP (Individual Defensive Player) leagues are more involved because you have to pick defensive players as well, and anytime a defensivelinemen shows up in fantasy, he is usually doing some good things on the field, that's why I am thinking that Tank will be a solid addition. I don't really think it's fair to think of DTs as traditional "impact" players per se because their contributions are difficult to quantify sometimes, but as long as they do what they are supposed to do, which is stop or delay the RB, then their impact is felt.

Archived