• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Silver: Ron Rivera Has Been Told He Will Return In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

19 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The logic doesn’t add up. I was done with JR a helluva long time ago. Can still be a fan without any faith in the owner/coaches/gm 

Perhaps, based upon your perspective, but the "logic" can easily add up in the other direction as well, that's why it was presented with a question mark. 

On an off note, it doesn't seem "logical" to me to give up on an owner who has barely been the owner of the Panthers for six months because he didn't make the move(s) that you desired after one failed season.

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps, based upon your perspective, but the "logic" can easily add up in the other direction as well, that's why it was presented with a question mark. 

On an off note, it doesn't seem "logical" to me to give up on an owner who has barely been the owner of the Panthers for six months because he didn't make the move(s) that you desired after one failed season.

It’s not just “a move I desire”. Ron is awful. That’s a widely held belief. I’d been hoping new ownership would finally manage this franchise in a progressive direction rather than staying stuck in the past. Keeping Rivera after this abortion of a season proves otherwise.  I’m not saying I could never regain faith in him, but until Ron is gone I have no faith.  

31 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

How you figure that? Cams shoulder or you think we trade Cam?

My thinking is that since Norv was a big positive this year. Tepper might give Ron another shot knowing he has the right OC for Cam Newton. Because if he fired Ron then Turner goes too. Tepper doesn’t have any attachments to these guys and I wonder if he’d be willing to see Cam with a new HC.

I get the Turner argument, he was good this year. But I don’t think he was so good that the sum total of his positive effect and Ron’s negative effect equals an overall positive effect.  If it’s both or neither with those two, I choose neither.  

On 12/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, raz said:

this sucks.   not building my sundays around the team again til he's gone.  f you tepper.   you're gonna have to make him get a defensive and special teams coordinators that are really good.  they have to be good enough to compensate for rr's in game decision making.    why not just do it all.

great way to put it. I’m not dropping the team but barring some radical improvement I’m not planning another sunday around rivera football

Archived