• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Silver: Ron Rivera Has Been Told He Will Return In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, you don't actually understand what "execute" means.

Look kid, you can play with words to your heart's content. It's not going to make anything you say valid. To be honest though, even if you could show that Marty Hurney spent that entire three years doing nothing but scouting players, three years experience wouldn't even qualify him to be a director of scouting, much less a GM. that's basically like saying a guy who has three years experience as an assistant defensive line coach is qualified to be a head coaching candidate.

Marty Hurney was given a job that he wasn't qualified for by a guy who had a habit of doing that kind of thing. and as has been mentioned many times, Richardson was the only one dumb enough to offer him that job. Even after eleven seasons on the job, the rest of the league wouldn't even offer him a scouting internship.

Again, we get it. he drafted your favorite player, so that must make him a good GM...at least in your mind. It doesn't actually work that way in the real world, but hey, you be you.

Show me a source that states that Hurney was never involved in scouting. That's right, you can't. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, you don't actually understand what "execute" means.

Look kid, you can play with words to your heart's content. It's not going to make anything you say valid. To be honest though, even if you could show that Marty Hurney spent that entire three years doing nothing but scouting players, three years experience wouldn't even qualify him to be a director of scouting, much less a GM.  That's basically like saying a guy who has three years experience as an assistant defensive line coach is qualified to be a head coaching candidate.

Marty Hurney was given a job that he wasn't qualified for by a guy who had a habit of doing that kind of thing a lot. And as has been mentioned many times, Richardson was the only one dumb enough to offer him that job. Even after eleven seasons as a GM, the rest of the league wouldn't even offer him a scouting internship.

Again, we get it. he drafted your favorite player, so that must make him a good GM...at least in your mind. It doesn't actually work that way in the real world, but hey, you be you.

How long are you going to beat your head against that wall?   

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

If nothing changes then JR is in fact still running this team and tepper is the leagues puppet

I bet if we do some detective work we’ll find out Tepper loves giving female employees foot massages and likes to be called Mister.

Its all still just a happy Carolina Panther Fambly!  Whatcha wanna bet a multi-million dollar Thomas Davis extension is just waiting on his signature?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just until it doesn't amuse me anymore.

I'm still getting a chuckle out of it at the moment.

You're clearly taking this nonsensical debate seriously with your classic great walls of text. Everyone knows scot is angry when he/she starts with the veiled insults.

8 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Post the source. 

https://www.panthers.com/team/front-office-roster/marty-hurney

I've read it. Have you?

You'll find words in it like "negotiator", "administrator", "organizing" and "operations". What you won't find anywhere are the words "served as a scout" or "helped with scouting" in relation to any job prior to his being a general manager.

Now, I could pull up some other executives bios for comparison if you like. I can think of one in particular that I know has extensive scouting experience.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

https://www.panthers.com/team/front-office-roster/marty-hurney

I've read it. Have you?

You'll find words in it like "negotiator", "administrator", "organizing" and "operations". What you won't find anywhere are the words "served as a scout" or "helped with scouting" in relation to any job prior to his being a general manager.

Now, I could pull up some other executives bios for comparison if you like.

This link doesn't mention his tasks as a director of football operations so the source is pretty useless. Try again.

Archived