• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projected top QBs in 2019 draft

raleigh-panther

4 hours ago, trueblade said:

I want no part of any of them. This could be as bad as 2013. To remind you:

Top 8 quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft (as ranked February 2013 ~ so roughly the same time frame as we are looking at the 2019 draft)

• Tyler Wilson, Arkansas. (4th round OAK)
  • Geno Smith, West Virginia. ... (2nd round NYJ)
  • Zac Dysert, Miami-Ohio. ... (7th round MIA)
  • Mike Glennon, North Carolina State. ... (3rd round TBB)
  • Matt Barkley, USC. ... (4th round PHI)
  • Ryan Nassib, Syracuse. ... (4th round NYG)
  • EJ Manuel, Florida State. ... (1st round BUF)
  • Tyler Bray, Tennessee. (Undrafted, signed with KC)

This. I don't know if there is a QB in this draft that is better than Heinicke or Allen, lol.

I don't really like any of them as Cam insurance, especially Jones. I keep getting the feeling he will be Tannehill 2.0. He's taken a ton of hits and fractured his collarbone this year and I'm not a fan of his arm strength. He has good touch due to lack or zip, but if he had to come in for an injured Cam to do the hail Mary like this year, the ball would either hang like a punt or not even make the endzone. He's more suited for a west coast offense and we were already getting pissed off we weren't moving the ball far enough each play. 

5 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't think you can judge a qb or any player based on one game.  I watched Wake shut down Jones at Durham, and Wake's pass defense is not the strongest part of their game.   Not saying the Jones kid won't be good, but I wouldn't trust just one game.

Oh yeah I'm not saying hey let's draft him. I've seen him play a few games where he looked awful.

11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't think you can judge a qb or any player based on one game.  I watched Wake shut down Jones at Durham, and Wake's pass defense is not the strongest part of their game.   Not saying the Jones kid won't be good, but I wouldn't trust just one game.

Good point, 1 game ain't enough.

8,500 yards passing + 52 TD's through the air + 17 Td's on the ground = 69 TD's in 3 years.  Threw 29 INT's.  In a pinch he also punted the ball 5 times for a 34yd average....

....all in 3 years. 

His Coach, David Cutcliffe, who has been sought out by top NFL QB's for off-season coaching and/or re-hab, has been incredibly constructive on Daniel Jones.  

Jones has Phillip Rivers type potential....pass on him at your own risk.

Archived