• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pagano interviews w Panthers

ellis

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's a damn good one, but it doesn't sound like that's an option.

That may be the hitch in the giddy-up but I've read somewhere that Pagano wants to get back into coaching whether its a coordinator or position coaching. Definitely worth watching.

Just now, Prowler2k18 said:

That may be the hitch in the giddy-up but I've read somewhere that Pagano wants to get back into coaching whether its a coordinator or position coaching. Definitely worth watching.

I'm honestly kind of surprised he's interviewing, but he didn't exactly get a lot of action on the interview circuit this year and as far as I know, he's not up for either of the remaining jobs

8 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I would like to think that Rivera would put his ego aside and make a quality hire @ DC but it appears he'll be calling the shots next season.

ego? What ego? RR is one of the most humble coaches in the NFL. How would he have ego if 2 of his last 3 DC's became HC's?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised he's interviewing, but he didn't exactly get a lot of action on the interview circuit this year and as far as I know, he's not up for either of the remaining jobs

IMO we should have at least interview him or any other experienced defensive coach last year rather than an ill-prepared, inexperienced Eric Washington. And to me that says more about Rivera's lack of evaluation skills.  How could you get that one wrong after working with someone for so long? SMH  

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

ego? What ego? RR is one of the most humble coaches in the NFL. How would he have ego if 2 of his last 3 DC's became HC's?

No question RR is a nice guy. What would you suggest was the reason he handed the reigns of the defensive play calling to Washington ( a great DL but inexperienced as a playcaller) after they'd been working together for eight years? Why couldn't he not see that going with someone more experienced would have been a better decision?

And DC's being promoted to HC's has nothing to do with ego or lack thereof. If that were the case, no one Belicheck's protegees would've been hired as HCs.

Archived