• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who are wanting a DE in the first-round

Zorbac

Pretty much agree. Counting on either Ferrelll or Sweat to be there. Gladly take Jonah Williams as a back up plan.  My question for those in the know is what they think about Polite? Throw him in and one will be there. Only looked at measurables and seem smallish for a DE but heard he is an animal 

37 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Pretty much agree. Counting on either Ferrelll or Sweat to be there. Gladly take Jonah Williams as a back up plan.  My question for those in the know is what they think about Polite? Throw him in and one will be there. Only looked at measurables and seem smallish for a DE but heard he is an animal 

Yeah he will work.. Especially if we are playing a hybrid scheme..

Okay dude let's do the math here we have pick 16.. If the 6 or 7 1st round graded outside rushers get drafted before our pick (highly unlikely)... Then that means one of the 5 exceptional inside rushers will fall to us.. Ed oliver, Q William's, Dremont, Jeffery Simmons or C Wilkins.. Will be there for the taking.. Sorry dude this is the wrong draft to worry about not getting atleast 2 quality Dlinemen.. We got real lucky that our 2 biggest needs are VERY DEEP in this draft..

58 minutes ago, Zorbac said:

For those of you who want a DE IN the first round. IF Bosa, Ferrell, Allen, Sweat are gone. Then What???  IMHO, There's no first round grade left.

Polite, Fergonson, and Gary have 1st round grades as well.. so add 3 more to your list..

Not to mention some ppl have zach Allen (BC) and Brian Burns (fsu) as 1st round players as well..

15 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Polite, Fergonson, and Gary have 1st round grades as well.. so add 3 more to your list..

Not to mention some ppl have zach Allen (BC) and Brian Burns (fsu) as 1st round players as well..

Hell, some mocks have Gary going #2 as an edge so yeah!. Warming up on Fergonsun as well. Yeah were getting our edge rusher in round 1. Warm up to it peeps.

26 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay dude let's do the math here we have pick 16.. If the 6 or 7 1st round graded outside rushers get drafted before our pick (highly unlikely)... Then that means one of the 5 exceptional inside rushers will fall to us.. Ed oliver, Q William's, Dremont, Jeffery Simmons or C Wilkins.. Will be there for the taking.. Sorry dude this is the wrong draft to worry about not getting atleast 2 quality Dlinemen.. We got real lucky that our 2 biggest needs are VERY DEEP in this draft..

Sub dont want to hi-jack this dudes thread. Come to mine on Montez Id love to hear your first 3 picks.

50 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I want no part of those latter 2, but there are a good 10-15 1st rd DL prospects. With the needs we have at all levels, BPA that doesn't involve a CB, WR, or QB in the first 3 rounds sounds gravy to me.

Take an OL like Ford from OK (I love his ability to play T) or Little from Ole Miss . I see Burns, Allen, and Ferguson dropping into round 2.  The second round is probably where we go for DE unless a DE falls to us--and I can see that happening.  

• Ferguson (I doubt he is a first rounder--I was not that impressed at SR bowl)
  • Burns, FSU
  • Polite UF  (he will go late first, I am guessing)
  • Jackson Miami
  • and my favorite:, Omenihu Texas
  • Zach Allen BC

A lot depends on how this 3-4 / 4-3 story plays out--we may not know until free agency.

Archived