• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we go 3-4 who are our Ends?

AU-panther

36 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The job of the ends in a 3-4, is to take up blocks, which Butler is capable of. Yes, I know how people feel about him. 

With whom is currently on the roster...Short and Butler 

Then why did they play him at NT?

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably because he's a terrible athlete. He doesn't have the burst to play the end, even in a 3-4 front. Butler is straight trash.

You might be right, I just find it odd everyone is assuming he will be the other end across from Short, when he reality from what I could tell they lined him at NT in the 3-4 fronts last year.

Also the fact we haven't resigned Horton or Love is odd.  Are we planning on signing a FA to fill that role, or maybe we are convinced we can draft one.  If we plan on using the draft the find that player then I would expect it in the first two rounds.

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

You might be right, I just find it odd everyone is assuming he will be the other end across from Short, when he reality from what I could tell they lined him at NT in the 3-4 fronts last year.

Also the fact we haven't resigned Horton or Love is odd.  Are we planning on signing a FA to fill that role, or maybe we are convinced we can draft one.  If we plan on using the draft the find that player then I would expect it in the first two rounds.

For some reason, a lot of Panthers fans seem to think Butler is a good athlete. He tested out marginally. 5.33 40, 26 reps, 29" vert. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Butler is actually capable.of playing every position along the line. It's one of the reasons they liked him, and drafted him.  

Unfortunately, Butler hasn’t proven capable of playing ANY position along the DL. What they drafted him for is of little relevance. That player doesn’t exist. 

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

Unfortunately, Butler hasn’t proven capable of playing ANY position along the DL. What they drafted him for is of little relevance. That player doesn’t exist. 

While he has been a disappointment, you statement is false. He has made plays...even some damn good ones. He does lack consistency.  

None of these things change the fact that athletically, he is capable of playing along the whole line. That is an advantage to us, as if we can get consistent play from him as a 3-4 end, that would be one answer already on the roster. 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

While he has been a disappointment, you statement is false. He has made plays...even some damn good ones. He does lack consistency.  

None of these things change the fact that athletically, he is capable of playing along the whole line. That is an advantage to us, as if we can get consistent play from him as a 3-4 end, that would be one answer already on the roster. 

No. Your wishful thinking of his capabilities is what is false. When you are ineffective over the MAJORITY of snaps you play, that’s not capable of playing the position. Falling into 2-3 good plays a year doesn’t change the other 99% of his awful play. 

I have a slightly higher expectation of a player than hoping a QB or RB falls down close to him now and then. Just because they are on the team doesn’t mean they are the best option. 

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No. Your wishful thinking of his capabilities is what is false. When you are ineffective over the MAJORITY of snaps you play, that’s not capable of playing the position. Falling into 2-3 good plays a year doesn’t change the other 99% of his awful play. 

I have a slightly higher expectation of a player than hoping a QB or RB falls down close to him now and then. Just because they are on the team doesn’t mean they are the best option. 

You're just staying for this players so bad that you are now lashing out at other people. Congratulations. Keep that shitstorm to yourself though.

I do think it's cute you think you're the only one with high expectations.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Yeah that sounds great. A first rd pick has made a couple plays. LMAO some of the people on here just don't get football!

Why do people think Butler is a good athlete? Based on what?

You're just staying for this players so bad that you are now lashing out at other people. Congratulations. Keep that shitstorm to yourself though.

I do think it's cute you think you're the only one with high expectations.

Whose lashing out? You can call my statements false because you said so but I say your theory false and show why and I’m lashing out? 

I find it hilarious that you believe there is any football knowledge in your “go team” rants. I’ll stick with EVERYTHING proven on the field. Which, as always, you immediately deflected away from to attack me and avoid your false narrative. 

Not one word about the Facts I posted. What’s my agenda here. What “group” am I part of that you can default and deflect to. I have trouble keeping up. 

Archived