• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonah Williams vs Andre Dillard

yasuhara2241

31 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I was also commenting in this thread before u crawled out of your uninformed hole, so if anything ur stalking me. I don’t care to debates with people who have no factual bases for their argument. Your basically just a homer.

So now I can't comment in threads because you're in your feelings about having a dumb opinion and being wrong most of the time?? You sounding real petty dude.. Stop being a girl not everybody is talking about you...lol

Move on sweetheart..

26 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

So now I can't comment in threads because you're in your feelings about having a dumb opinion and being wrong most of the time?? You sounding real petty dude.. Stop being a girl not everybody is talking about you...lol

Move on sweetheart..

Ok that was extra lame... done with u.. 

10 hours ago, ncfan said:

Dillard has a much higher ceiling but also a much lower floor.  He wont be resdy this year.  BUT if a coach can really work with him, he had the potential to be a stud down the road.

Jonah Williams is just overall solid, day 1 starter.  Higher floor but ceiling isnt quite as high

Yeah that is my concern with Dillard.  What are we gonna do this year if he’s not ready?  Put Moton at LT and move him back to RT?  Little unfair to Moton.  I feel like we need to find him a home.  He’s a really good player. 

10 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Yeah that is my concern with Dillard.  What are we gonna do this year if he’s not ready?  Put Moton at LT and move him back to RT?  Little unfair to Moton.  I feel like we need to find him a home.  He’s a really good player. 

I still don't understand why this is a question.. Same HC was so quick to move Byron Bell to LT and be good with it.. But not Moton?? Who is a better player.. If there are no more 1st round quality Pass Rushers than go Jonah.. He can play all over the line while they are trying to figure it out..

Jordan Gross, our best OT did not play LT his rookie year. He was at RT. Rivera's preference for veterans would most likely place Dillard or Williams at LG or at RT.

In just one year our offensive line situation could go in shambles. Williams may no longer come back to full strength or if he's really good may want a larger contract that we can't afford. Moton has played LG and RT his college career with one start at LT against a bad early season Cowboys. He may work out at that spot he may not. Paradis past injuries could reoccur. Van Roten is a serviceable LG. 

I think people shouldn't dismiss these guys as our first pick. We need O-line help just as much as our D-Line.

https://clutchpoints.com/top-5-offensive-lineman-2019-nfl-draft/

good read and great points on top 5 O-Line. #1 Jonah #4 Dillard.

1. Jonah Williams, left tackle, Alabama

Starting as a freshman for Alabama is quite an impressive feat, but Williams has only improved since 2016. He doesn’t have ideal size, strength, or length, but he is about as technically refined a player as you can find at any position.

Williams uses his elite football IQ to outsmart opponents, and even though he may not always have the physical advantage, he is able to negate the difference with superior technique. There are still some who are concerned about his size and don’t view him as a tackle. His NFL Combine testing should put those doubts to rest, but if he eventually moves to guard, he’d probably be the best in the league.

Wherever Williams ends up and no matter what position he plays, he will be a cornerstone for an offensive line and is certainly deserving of a top-10 pick.

4. Andre Dillard, left tackle, Washington State

Despite being a four-year starter, Dillard is a developmental prospect. He possesses ideal athleticism and quick feet, but his hand usage is poor and he doesn’t have great lower body strength.

Dillard could start right away and be a solid pass protector, but with his technical deficiencies and below average run blocking, it would be better for Dillard to sit for a year to improve his strength and refine his technique. That said, his ceiling is extremely high because of how good an athlete he is, and he will likely be drafted high due to his potential.

Personally, I'd take Jonah at 16 but id go another direction at pick 16 than Dillard.  I personally like Dalton Risner in later rounds.

5. Dalton Risner, right tackle, Kansas State

A consistent and powerful blocker, Risner was a captain for the past three years while being one of college football’s best lineman. He doesn’t have great athleticism, but he possesses good size and a great anchor.

Risner easily slows down bull rushes and is a mauler in the run game. He struggles with footwork, especially in pass protection, and if he doesn’t fix this issue, he will have a difficult time blocking speed rushers at the next level.

If Risner can’t improve his footwork to an acceptable degree, he could always move inside to guard, where he would be able to make great use of his strengths.

3 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Jordan Gross, our best OT did not play LT his rookie year. He was at RT. Rivera's preference for veterans would most likely place Dillard or Williams at LG or at RT.

In just one year our offensive line situation could go in shambles. Williams may no longer come back to full strength or if he's really good may want a larger contract that we can't afford. Moton has played LG and RT his college career with one start at LT against a bad early season Cowboys. He may work out at that spot he may not. Paradis past injuries could reoccur. Van Roten is a serviceable LG. 

I think people shouldn't dismiss these guys as our first pick. We need O-line help just as much as our D-Line.

This.  The Williams situation is way too fluid to say we have our starting tackles.  This year, maybe, and that's if Daryl has no setbacks from his injury.  As I've stated before, he took that one-year deal to hopefully cash in next spring.  The starting tackle market is always very rich, so as much as I think Daryl is a good RT if he has a decent season, I think he'll get some crazy money thrown his way that I think the Panthers will get outbid on or have no business trying to compete with.

I would be happy with either actually. Andre is supposed to be a finesse guy but Jonah comes from big boy football,... 

my actual preference as it’s been for months is Jawaan Taylor. He’s got the feet of Andre, the big boy experience of Jonah and he’s just flat out bigger faster stronger than they are.

its funny that I got trolled and bashed for months by guys that said he was a stupid pick but now on most mocks he’s top 5 and at the least top 10, haven’t seen any mocks in the last month with him even sniffing 16.

I just prefer Jawaan, then Jonah, then Andre and then Cody Ford

For the record, and after signing all the depth at OT lately, I think we have 4-5 defensive guys penciled for 16 and maybe if those guys are gone it will be a OT and only if one of these guys makes it.

4 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/top-5-offensive-lineman-2019-nfl-draft/

good read and great points on top 5 O-Line. #1 Jonah #4 Dillard.

1. Jonah Williams, left tackle, Alabama

Starting as a freshman for Alabama is quite an impressive feat, but Williams has only improved since 2016. He doesn’t have ideal size, strength, or length, but he is about as technically refined a player as you can find at any position.

Williams uses his elite football IQ to outsmart opponents, and even though he may not always have the physical advantage, he is able to negate the difference with superior technique. There are still some who are concerned about his size and don’t view him as a tackle. His NFL Combine testing should put those doubts to rest, but if he eventually moves to guard, he’d probably be the best in the league.

Wherever Williams ends up and no matter what position he plays, he will be a cornerstone for an offensive line and is certainly deserving of a top-10 pick.

4. Andre Dillard, left tackle, Washington State

Despite being a four-year starter, Dillard is a developmental prospect. He possesses ideal athleticism and quick feet, but his hand usage is poor and he doesn’t have great lower body strength.

Dillard could start right away and be a solid pass protector, but with his technical deficiencies and below average run blocking, it would be better for Dillard to sit for a year to improve his strength and refine his technique. That said, his ceiling is extremely high because of how good an athlete he is, and he will likely be drafted high due to his potential.

Personally, I'd take Jonah at 16 but id go another direction at pick 16 than Dillard.  I personally like Dalton Risner in later rounds.

5. Dalton Risner, right tackle, Kansas State

A consistent and powerful blocker, Risner was a captain for the past three years while being one of college football’s best lineman. He doesn’t have great athleticism, but he possesses good size and a great anchor.

Risner easily slows down bull rushes and is a mauler in the run game. He struggles with footwork, especially in pass protection, and if he doesn’t fix this issue, he will have a difficult time blocking speed rushers at the next level.

If Risner can’t improve his footwork to an acceptable degree, he could always move inside to guard, where he would be able to make great use of his strengths.

This is another writer hack that just cut and pasted old information for click baits— he’s clueless and a waste of sperm.

Jonah at the combine is longer than Andre and stronger. Where’s that? 

Risner I only like as a guard— his feet will never get better.

My OT for 16 are still Jonah and Jawaan— both rarely make it to 16 in any mock drafts now— mostly they are both top 10.

Cody Ford should be in there, he rarely makes it to 16 also— like most of them he will play guard first but he’s a Jeff Otah(hopefully doesn’t injury ruin himself the same)

Archived