• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bench: I’m going to keep Will Grier safe

therealmjl

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

That's always going to happen with every team. The backup QB is gonna be popular. Has no bearing on the starter. Picking a backup QB with what's essentially an early fourth-round pick is not stupid when the only other QBs are unproven UDFAs who didn't survive an entire game, let alone a season.

my thoughts exactly

7 minutes ago, mjligon said:

No, the issue is going to be having to deal with the misguided inbred idiot fanbase that was already wanting to bench Cam for Henicke, DA, etc.

How exactly would that be Grier's fault?

Fans being dumb is no justification to dump on a player who just wants to come in and contribute.

one could postulate that the turner's actually hate will grier with a passion.  one could connect the dots if one wanted to. we all know what happens to non-supermen behind this line.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

How exactly would that be Grier's fault?

Fans being dumb is no justification to dump on a player who just wants to come in and contribute.

I’m not dumping on Grier. I’m dumping on Hurney for using a 3rd rounder on a backup.

Cam loves to compete. Having a decent backup is a good thing, and even though the reality is that he wasn't drafted to replace Cam, the insinuation of that from the media and fans will only motivate Cam even more. I hope he has his best season yet, and that he mentors Will Grier in whatever way he's able to off the field. 

Archived