• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scarlett Feva Breakdown

KaseKlosed

Missed this kid doing my own internet sleuthing on college prospects but when we drafted him thought his clips showed a nice combination of speed and power to compliment CMac. Glad to see him show it in his debut.

Really think him and Goodwin can be good late round contributors on this, and even future rosters. Even more than Miller imo.

So here's my issue, the team was looking for a CMC clone and drafted a power RB.  Was he a reach based on what was left?  Scarlett has the power to move a pile, but if you look closely, he's very tight-hipped.  He may have made some second and third string Bills look average, but can he do that against a starting defense?  Instead of getting a CMC clone, we got a CAP clone.  Holyfield is in that same mold too.  The only RB that's even close to a CMC-type is Bonnofon and he's raw...a college QB and WR if memory serves me correctly.

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He may have made some second and third string Bills look average, but can he do that against a starting defense?

That play on 2nd and 18 was grown man football. Preseason or not that is good field vision.

40 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So here's my issue, the team was looking for a CMC clone and drafted a power RB.  Was he a reach based on what was left?  Scarlett has the power to move a pile, but if you look closely, he's very tight-hipped.  He may have made some second and third string Bills look average, but can he do that against a starting defense?  Instead of getting a CMC clone, we got a CAP clone.  Holyfield is in that same mold too.  The only RB that's even close to a CMC-type is Bonnofon and he's raw...a college QB and WR if memory serves me correctly.

So let me get this straight.  You take offseason coach speak as gospel truth?  

jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

11 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

So let me get this straight.  You take offseason coach speak as gospel truth?  

jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

Nope, not in the least, but considering the offense flows through CMC, you would think getting someone in that same mold would make sense if the big "I" were to occur.  That's my biggest problem with this team, they put all their eggs into certain positional baskets and when the starter gets hurt, things turn to utter crap.

My question to you: based on one preseason game against backups, if CMC tears his ACL against the Rams, you are all-in on the Scarlett hype train?  Heck, just last week Holyfield was the second coming of Berry Sanders.  

You all here get too up or too down on players based on preseason.  Greir's now the next Ryan Leaf and Scarlett is headed to the HOF.  

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nope, not in the least, but considering the offense flows through CMC, you would think getting someone in that same mold would make sense if the big "I" were to occur.  That's my biggest problem with this team, they put all their eggs into certain positional baskets and when the starter gets hurt, things turn to utter crap.

My question to you: based on one preseason game against backups, if CMC tears his ACL against the Rams, you are all-in on the Scarlett hype train?  Heck, just last week Holyfield was the second coming of Berry Sanders.  

You all here get too up or too down on players based on preseason.  Greir's now the next Ryan Leaf and Scarlett is headed to the HOF.  

Nope.  Go search my posts.  Have never been on the Holyfield train.  And have been intrigued by Scarlett since we drafted him.

I like his running style.  And Holyfield isnt in the ballpark of  Scarlett. 

My apologies for my original post being a little rough.  But I have watched a ton of tape of Scarlett.  Is he the next Kamara?  No.  But he could be an adequate replacement if CMC went down.  It would have to be a Scarlett and Bonnafon combo.  But that’s the case with most elite RB’s.  You just aren’t going to replace them with one guy.  

Archived