• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We all Know Jake Sux, But what about receivers?

Mojoman

Zero touchdowns by the wide receivers? Is Jake the ONLY problem with the passing game? Moose and Jarret are too slow, both in terms of speed and quickness to get any separation. Why does it seem that other teams find a way to sometimes get receivers to be 'wide open' and our guys rarely do?

Question 2: What ever happened to concept of putting Mike Goodson in as a slot receiver. I thought he was supposed to have good hands and be fast enough to be a down field threat? I would like to see Deangelo throw the ball occasionally too on an option play. Come on Fox, grow some balls and try something new.

really when a wr is "wide ope" it is because of blown coverage. there have been times wr are wide open, but jake hasnt thrown to them. our wide recievers to dont seem to be open because when jake throws ot to them it is either over thrown, under thrown or shouldnt have been trhrown. also i dont think it is a issue of seperation either on moose or jarrett. they are posession type wrs, they wont ever beat you with speed. Many posters forget that Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin both are slower recievers but Larry is one the top WRs in the game. they use their body and route running to sheild defenders from the ball.

the only WRs we can talk about are Moose and Smith. Jarrett and Moore have even gotten enough reps to even consider them part of the group. But, going 95% of the time on passing plays w/ only Moose and Smith or just Smith on the field probably gives us the best chance to win per Fox.

Of course there are problems with the receivers, but the main problem in the offense is undoubtedly Delhomme (and playcalling).

And we've actually thrown a decent number of passes DeAngelo's way, if I'm not mistaken. I think lining Goodson up in the slot would be a good call, and I'd like to see Rosario used more (perhaps even lining up wide).

other than Steve Smith, its true that our WR's suck..thats basicly why smitty is double covered every play of the game..teams arent threated by moose or jarrett..and that combined with jake passing it to them makes for not alot of completions and a rediculous passing game..

we need a qb who can pass the ball accurately with some velocity..

other than Steve Smith, its true that our WR's suck..thats basicly why smitty is double covered every play of the game..teams arent threated by moose or jarrett..and that combined with jake passing it to them makes for not alot of completions and a rediculous passing game..

we need a qb who can pass the ball accurately with some velocity..

do you know how many offensive snaps Smitty has been on the field w/ acutal WRs other than Moose?

Archived