• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two plays. Almost identical. The difference? A split second.

ellis

The team is not in a great place right now. You don’t lose this many games consecutively without there being some underlying issues. Just hang in there guys. It’s a long season, and I’m typically one who can be more negative than most. I’ve seen teams like this turn it around before. The 2004 Panthers come to mind. That team started 1-7 after going to the Super Bowl. They went on a tear in the second half and fell one blocked field goal short of the playoffs. 

Two home losses hurts. No question. I would just encourage everybody to remember how close the margins are in this league. Hopefully everybody gets a little bit better here with a long week off, and hopefully Ron can start doing things a little bit more efficiently.

Less than a year ago, the same group of guys rally to beat the world champs on the road from 17 points down, dominated the Baltimore ravens number one defense, put up 35 points in a single half, and dominated Zeke and Dak. They can do it. Even Rivera can do it. They just have to start by getting one under their belt.

33 minutes ago, ellis said:

The team is not in a great place right now. You don’t lose this many games consecutively without there being some underlying issues. Just hang in there guys. It’s a long season, and I’m typically one who can be more negative than most. I’ve seen teams like this turn it around before. The 2004 Panthers come to mind. That team started 1-7 after going to the Super Bowl. They went on a tear in the second half and fell one blocked field goal short of the playoffs. 

Two home losses hurts. No question. I would just encourage everybody to remember how close the margins are in this league. Hopefully everybody gets a little bit better here with a long week off, and hopefully Ron can start doing things a little bit more efficiently.

Less than a year ago, the same group of guys rally to beat the world champs on the road from 17 points down, dominated the Baltimore ravens number one defense, put up 35 points in a single half, and dominated Zeke and Dak. They can do it. Even Rivera can do it. They just have to start by getting one under their belt.

All those things hinge on Cam Newton's body not crumbling into dust before the season is over.

I agree that this play you've featured here from last night is actually the pivotal play in that last drive.  Everyone is so focused on the 4th down call, they missed this.  This is the play where the game was won and we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

There is absolutely no excuse for missing that throw.  One step up and into that throw, and it's a W and the narrative today is how clutch Cam is to shrug off an otherwise terrible performance bring his team down the field and win it at the end.

1 hour ago, Knockout said:

2013 he stepped up into the pocket.

2019 he didn't step up into the pocket.

The guy just doesn't trust the line at all.

Why would he? Williams had been getting beaten like a drum inside, outside, and straight up the middle all night. Cam knows the pressure is coming from his blind side but can't know from where. Maybe he can step up to avoid it, maybe stepping up will be stepping right into it.

Archived