• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Quarter of the Season stats

Catufb85

After the week 2 loss to the Bucs at home on prime time and finding out Cam newton would be out an extended amount of time the media, much of the fanbase, and including myself unfortunately thought this season wasn't going accordingly and thought to myself theres no telling how this team ends up.  

Fast forward 2 weeks later going 2-0 racking up 14 sacks in 2 games and Kyle Allen managing this offense (a side from the 3 fumbles last week) well enough to win 2 road games has brought life back to Bank of America. 

Notable Stats for the 1st Quarter of the Season: 

Offense is 18th in Passing and 17th in Rushing.

Defense is #1 in the league against the Pass allowing 156.8 yards per game.  We are 9th worse against the run allowing 130 a game.

Defense is #1 tied with the Patriots in sacks with 18 through 4 games. 

CMC leads the league in rushing yardage with 411 yards averaging 4.8 per carry 102 per game and is tied for 3rd with 4 TDS (a 4 way tied for 3rd with 4 TDs) and also tied 3rd for longest rush at 76 yards.

CMC is also tied for 11th in receiving in the league with 25 recs 218 yards 0 Tds (yet)

Kyle Allen is currently 7th in the league in Quarterback Rating at 118.3 with 4 TDs and 0 INTs. And funny Allen is tied with Newton for 29 first down throws. 71.7% completion.  

Joey Slye is tied for 1st in the league with 3 other kickers. He is 10 out of 11 longest is 55 yards and is 4/5 for 50+ yard FGs.

Next Gen Stats: (Im a nerd and find these interesting)

CMC was clocked at 21.01 mph on his 76 yard touchdown run vs Cardinals the 17th fastest this season with C.Patterson running at 22.23 mph on a 46 yard rush.

KEEP POUNDING 

6 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

After the week 2 loss to the Bucs at home on prime time and finding out Cam newton would be out an extended amount of time the media, much of the fanbase, and including myself unfortunately thought this season wasn't going accordingly and thought to myself theres no telling how this team ends up.  

Fast forward 2 weeks later going 2-0 racking up 14 sacks in 2 games and Kyle Allen managing this offense (a side from the 3 fumbles last week) well enough to win 2 road games has brought life back to Bank of America. 

Notable Stats for the 1st Quarter of the Season: 

Offense is 18th in Passing and 17th in Rushing.

Defense is #1 in the league against the Pass allowing 156.8 yards per game.  We are 9th worse against the run allowing 130 a game.

Defense is #1 tied with the Patriots in sacks with 18 through 4 games. 

CMC leads the league in rushing yardage with 411 yards averaging 4.8 per carry 102 per game and is tied for 3rd with 4 TDS (a 4 way tied for 3rd with 4 TDs) and also tied 3rd for longest rush at 76 yards.

CMC is also tied for 11th in receiving in the league with 25 recs 218 yards 0 Tds (yet)

Kyle Allen is currently 7th in the league in Quarterback Rating at 118.3 with 4 TDs and 0 INTs. And funny Allen is tied with Newton for 29 first down throws. 71.7% completion.  

Joey Slye is tied for 1st in the league with 3 other kickers. He is 10 out of 11 longest is 55 yards and is 4/5 for 50+ yard FGs.

Next Gen Stats: (Im a nerd and find these interesting)

CMC was clocked at 21.01 mph on his 76 yard touchdown run vs Cardinals the 17th fastest this season with C.Patterson running at 22.23 mph on a 46 yard rush.

KEEP POUNDING 

I believe we have also allowed 3 or 4 of the top 10 quickest sacks this season.

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And we are tied for first in the league with Indianapolis for least number of penalties called against us.

That's an important stat and also one that shows a mature and controlled team.

Hard to get holding penalties when you can't even get a hand on the pass rusher in the first place, amirite?

20 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And we are tied for first in the league with Indianapolis for least number of penalties called against us.

That's an important stat and also one that shows a mature and controlled team.

I feel like this has been consistent with Rivera's tenure with the Panthers. Limit penalties, limit turnovers and control time of possession.

Archived