• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

My bro-in-law, who lives in NJ and is a huge Rangers fan, says the lacrosse shot should be banned. He doesn't believe it's a "true shot." My reply was that, in his terms, the only "true shot" is a slapshot, as a wrister or even most penalty shots or shoot outs are also, to some degree carried by the stick. As long as his stick doesn't go above the crossbar, what are you gonna do?

But that one last night got in Hellebuyck's head. As amazing as it is to see, I still think Turbo's no-look 360 pass to Aho was better.

And, not to complain, but how the fug was an icing call missed right before Laine scored? I thought it was a gimme call and started to get out of my chair and they scored.

I say as long as the stick isn't above the crossbar and the puck isn't in your hand. Play on. That goes with all of those crazy ass moves.  If someone is skillful enough to do that then it should be part of the game.  Now if you wanted to limit blade bending or stick shape, there's a different argument  I also think goalie pads need to be smaller. 

21 hours ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

I think Turbo's was more luck than anything.  He knew someone would be "close" but i think that was a prayer that payed off.  The crowd was bitching about Svech's goal because of Jordo's trip but that was right after that icing no call goal so i think it was fair game.  

Nearly all centering or through the crease passes have some luck involved, not to mention all the shots taken just off the mark looking for a deflection or tip. In this case, it just looked pretty as hell. 

On 12/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, Anybodyhome said:

My bro-in-law, who lives in NJ and is a huge Rangers fan, says the lacrosse shot should be banned. He doesn't believe it's a "true shot." My reply was that, in his terms, the only "true shot" is a slapshot, as a wrister or even most penalty shots or shoot outs are also, to some degree carried by the stick. As long as his stick doesn't go above the crossbar, what are you gonna do?

But that one last night got in Hellebuyck's head. As amazing as it is to see, I still think Turbo's no-look 360 pass to Aho was better.

And, not to complain, but how the fug was an icing call missed right before Laine scored? I thought it was a gimme call and started to get out of my chair and they scored.

That was a very blatant icing uncalled leading to a goal against. But we got a makeup call with no call on Staal for tripping before the lacrosse goal so I’ll take it.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Living here in Boston I’ve talked to coworkers (Bruins fans) who think it should be banned and is “cheap” and even equated it to traveling in basketball... It’s actually hilarious to see the reactions from people like that. I hope we meet Boston in the ECF again and in game 7 OT Svech does a LAX move winner.

8 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Damn, what a game!!!

8 hours ago, t96 said:

So damn clutch. Slavin with the game winner in his hometown, just perfect.

Yep- what a game, what a road trip. 9 of 10 possible points. 

Fugging Reimer was unbelievable and a couple guys (Gardiner and Pesce) are really stepping up. A road trip like this only brings this team closer and tighter.

I'll be at the game tomorrow- should be a great homecoming atmosphere at PNC.  

Archived