• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC DNP (Back) today

SgtJoo

4 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:
  • Christian McCaffrey (back) did not practice Wednesday.

It was termed a "vet day" earlier Wednesday, but it's officially listed as a back issue. McCaffrey had to leave Week 5 early against the Jaguars with what was reported as cramps. For now, we'd expect McCaffrey to be out there Sunday against the Bucs in London but a transcontinental flight likely won't be easy if his back is acting up. Reggie Bonnafon would be the next man up, but we would be surprised if McCaffrey doesn't play and handle his normal workload.

Oct 9, 2019, 2:09 PM ET

•  

Not easy on his back? You know CMC is getting a business class seat for sure.

Just now, KaseKlosed said:
  • Christian McCaffrey (back) did not practice Wednesday.

It was termed a "vet day" earlier Wednesday, but it's officially listed as a back issue. McCaffrey had to leave Week 5 early against the Jaguars with what was reported as cramps. For now, we'd expect McCaffrey to be out there Sunday against the Bucs in London but a transcontinental flight likely won't be easy if his back is acting up. Reggie Bonnafon would be the next man up, but we would be surprised if McCaffrey doesn't play and handle his normal workload.

Oct 9, 2019, 2:09 PM ET

•  

Saw, that, and responded with exactly what I said.  Vet day.

I'm sure his back is sore after landing on it from 7' in the air, but I also bet that he could play tomorrow if needed.

This is some Ron trickery if I had to guess, make them plan for multiple different scenarios at the RB position.

Gamesmanship if you will.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Saw, that, and responded with exactly what I said.  Vet day.

I'm sure his back is sore after landing on it from 7' in the air, but I also bet that he could play tomorrow if needed.

This is some Ron trickery if I had to guess, make them plan for multiple different scenarios at the RB position.

Gamesmanship if you will.

I thought Ron wasn't smart enough for such a chess move..... This board is hilarious.... 

Just now, KaseKlosed said:

I thought Ron wasn't smart enough for such a chess move..... This board is hilarious.... 

If you call that a chess move, I want to play you sometime.

Ron and the injury report have been VERY strange lately, surely you have recognized that?

46 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Hmmm CMC back at practice. I tried to tell y'all u can't freak out all the time u hear somebody is getting a rest day.

Cute 

but back issues can be serious. I think there was a good chance that if he hurt his back during the game that it would have presented worsening conditions through the week. If he is back to practice and is 100% then it’s a big bullet dodged, but speaking from experience, back injuries may not be immediately clear how serious they are. 

I was worried when he DNP and it’s fair to be so. Glad he seems to be well and ready for the next one.

Archived