• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next coach!!

Panfan35

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I listened to the interview with Greg Cosell and actually got a little infuriated.

He pointed out that with the 49ers did to us is actually just the same thing that they've done every game this year. Nothing special, just their usual MO.

Knowing that, plus the fact that Rivera should know what Shanahan does like the back of his hand by now, I could have understood if we had just lost the game.

The fact that we got run up and down the field though? That's just inexcusable.

sherman laying out exactly what we were doing on his 3rd down pick was infuriating too.  they knew exactly what we were gonna do the whole game.   reminded me of the SB.   norv is too damn old

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Campbell is definitely not Schiano.

i'll agree.  he's got much less of a resume than greg.  i can't know he'd be a bad choice obviously.  i hope we go with someone creative on offense that is a playcaller who hires a very good D coordinator.  if we were to choose campbell i would certainly hope his vision worked like a champ

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I listened to the interview with Greg Cosell and actually got a little infuriated.

Cosell pointed out that what the 49ers did to us is actually just the same thing that they've done every game this year. Nothing special, just their usual MO.

Knowing that, plus the fact that Rivera should know what Shanahan does like the back of his hand by now, I could have understood if we had just lost the game.

Coming off a bye week makes this even more infuriating and humiliating. The entire D looked completely and utterly lost on most of their offensive plays. Wholly unprepared to play.

8 minutes ago, raz said:

i'll agree.  he's got much less of a resume than greg.  i can't know he'd be a bad choice obviously.  i hope we go with someone creative on offense that is a playcaller who hires a very good D coordinator.  if we were to choose campbell i would certainly hope his vision worked like a champ

I'd say he's better in that he's been a head coach and actually pulled off a half-decent record with a sh-tty team.

Beyond that, as was pointed out in the article by Mike Triplett, I think the time under Payton has probably been valuable. Schiano's problem is that he wants to be Belichick but he doesn't have the standing.

(I don't really think anybody should try to be Belichick)

i kinda doubt campbell ever gets another shot but we'll see.   i doubt tepper is gonna take that chance seeing this will be his very first hire but who knows.  adam gase got a 2nd job.   anything is possible.   

8 minutes ago, raz said:

i kinda doubt campbell ever gets another shot but we'll see.   i doubt tepper is gonna take that chance seeing this will be his very first hire but who knows.  adam gase got a 2nd job.   anything is possible.   

He's had two or three interviews already and is in the conversation among analysts again this year.

And as one of the writers mentioned, being part of the current Saints staff doesn't exactly hurt.

I don't really doubt that he's going to get a head coaching job. I just hope it's with us.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cosell pointed out that what the 49ers did to us is actually just the same thing that they've done every game this year. Nothing special, just their usual MO.

And to think the Redskins held that same offense to 3 FGs. Sure it was a washout but I get the sense that they still wouldn’t have fared much better if conditions were ideal. We thoroughly got out coached and 9ers best us like a drum.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:02 PM, Seltzer said:

That is a ridiculous take.  Rivera is far better than you must think.  

And Tepper is not afraid to make a decision.  You don't just cut bait on a coach that has accomplished as much as Rivera haphazardly.

That's not to say Rivera isn't going to be let go or needs to be let go.  He may very well be let go- how he gets the team to respond to this game will go a long way towards determining that.

There are 9 games left for Tepper to make the decision.  If we collapse again, I'm all for it.  That doesn't mean he can't coach, but it will mean his message is worn out here.

That being said, I can only imagine how this place will be if Rivera is in Atlanta next year getting that defense back to respectability while the offense continues to do their thing.  

Rivera got outcoached today, but he is still one of the best defensive minds in the league.

I'm upset about laying an egg again in a game where we could gain national respect for sure.  But I also look at Rivera's entire body of work instead of being a victim of this game alone.

He will be employed no matter what next year, and with a better than 90% chance of being a HC

As has been proven many times before, it doesn’t matter how quickly the previous coach is reemployed 

this coach has had 9:years of excuses and other than one year plus a couple,of games, has had his ass handed to him against superior coaching...over and over and over again mostly on National TV

I'm sick of it.  
he has made a living off of bottom feeders in the NFL with always an excuse as to why he doesn’t beat better teams 

change is an absolute necessity for this team and it’s fans. It’s time.  

as I said in another thread, Rivera reminds me of the old saying in business ‘keep doing what you have always done, and you will get what you have already got’.

what we have ‘got’ is Marvin Lewis 

Archived