• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cams future was in doubt before foot injury

Squirrel

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but this would be an outlier scenario given the past three years of injuries. I could definitely understand why the team would be reticent to extend and why Cam would be equally as reticent to be asked to play his final year on that "prove it" deal.

The prove it part would only be for health the way i look at it. Im not worried about cam coming back bext year and having a great season. Im more worried about him playing 16 games. Cam admitted he held the seriousness of his injury from the team amongst this whole fiasco,  mistakes were made on both sides. If he could somehow understand the prove it scenario from the front office side he could definitely come back.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think there's anything nefarious in it.

It does concern me though, because it's a long season. Lots of guys can be good, but how long somebody can stay good is always a very big deal.

Nefarious or conspiratorial? No not at all.

But what is the severity of the injury? All I'm saying is this staff is not exactly known for their infallible roster and injury management prowess. This is not a Belichick led coaching staff we are talking about here. They heavily downplayed Newton's shoulder injury as well and even kept playing him late into 2018 when it was clear that was doing more harm than good.

Going on everything we've seen the last few seasons with Newton's in injuries, I am simply concerned like you are. Our only other option on the roster is Grier. I don't want to see either guy get hurt so let's hope this OL is up to the continued task because there is a lot of football left to be played.

2 hours ago, raz said:

not curious at all.  allen got slammed down.   awwwww look at the pitiful tard white knighting on a message board.  how cute.   some people, like cookie, are so deluded wanting everything cam related to be racist.  you've been that way too but calmed down on it.   she can't even see cam, or his issues, because she's so mad about stuff she sees on twitter and fb.  now she's throwing out a conspiracy that the medical staff has told cam his current and previous injuries would heal without surgery.  its complete and utter horse shite.  its cam who's reluctant.  you know it, i know it.  

Nope. Not in here.

Archived