• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HYPOTHETICAL Cam Trades Thread

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Not necessarily.  The Panthers are not necessarily going to leak information they may feel they have regarding his physical limitations.  Moreover, Cam's camp would likely deny that it is true.  The key part - for the Panthers - is what Tepper believes to be the case, not what ultimately could be the case if Cam is given another chance elsewhere.  Cam's ceiling is high was high enough that it is possible another team would take a shot at him and see.

What do you think will happen?

I'm on the record saying if Cam is playing in the NFL next season it will be with the Panthers.

What is your official position?

37 minutes ago, SBiii said:

What do you think will happen?

I'm on the record saying if Cam is playing in the NFL next season it will be with the Panthers.

What is your official position?

I don't have a strong opinion on what will happen either way, because I dislike speculating too much myself.

That said, speculating on what information I have available, unfortunately I do not think Cam will be a Panther next year.

4 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Cowherd says Chicago and L.A. Chargers would be good fits for Cam. Says Cam would help sell tickets in L.A. 

I’ve thought about the Chargers and whether the connection with TD would be something that would facilitate it. TD telling the Charger brass to get him and Cam being happy to go there to play with a long time former teammate.

LA does provide the show biz and fashion he’s into. I know he has spent at least one offseason out there. The Chargers also could really use a splash acquisition to help sell tickets and generate interest.

Seems like a natural fit and they are an AFC team as well although we do play them next year.

Jets could sure use him.  Big fashion scene in NYC too.

Dolphins really need him badly.  Lots of models and a fashion related stuff in South Beach.

Bears need him.  Apparently he likes Chicago, biggest fashion scene between the 2 coasts.

Chargers could swap Rivers for Cam.  Cam would love the fashion scene in LA.  And when the Chargers move to London he'd be close to Paris which would be a huge plus.

Broncos badly need someone like Cam.  Aspen has a lot of models and socialites and a big fashion scene he would love.

Bengals are desperate for someone like Cam.  he could really sell a lot of tickets there and the Chicago and new York fashion scenes are a short flight away.

Titans need a new QB, Cam would be a great fit there.  Nashville has a fashion scene that would really surprise you and it's not far from his home in Atlanta.

Tampa could use Cam.  He'd really sell a lot of tickets there and he'd love the weather.  It's also close to Disney where costumes are de rigueur.

Redskins REALLY need Cam.  Those fans would buy lots of tickets and there are tons of black tie events Cam would be invited to, he'd get to dress up a lot.

Falcons clearly need Cam.  I'm sure they are ready to move on from Matt Ryan and Atlanta is Cam's home town.  His cigar bar is there and Atlanta probably has the biggest fashion scene on the East Coast between New York and Miami.

He gone....   

If Cam is traded, what about to the Redskins?  Cam to Washington, Trent William's and picks to the Panthers

Washington gets a much needed QB who can also help mentor Haskins for the future.

Panthers finally get a franchise left tackle and a pick or two also. 

2 minutes ago, swarmcat said:

If Cam is traded, what about to the Redskins?  Cam to Washington, Trent William's and picks to the Panthers

Washington gets a much needed QB who can also help mentor Haskins for the future.

Panthers finally get a franchise left tackle and a pick or two also. 

I think a lot of that depends on what they end up doing with Alex Smith. Plus, it's problematic to pull the plug on a first round rookie QB after one season. 

I'd definitely take Trent Williams, however.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think a lot of that depends on what they end up doing with Alex Smith. Plus, it's problematic to pull the plug on a first round rookie QB after one season. 

I'd definitely take Trent Williams, however.

Trent Williams would make a huge difference here....

I think Cam could help mentor their first round QB (Haskins) and let him grow while Cam is there. Not giving up as much as you are helping him grow.

So, Kaep is having an NFL sponsored workout this weekend in Chicago. The NFL has essentially pressured teams to go watch Colin work out and 25 teams responded, including the Patriots.

The Panthers are not attending. Tepper was very upfront with Eric Reid that the Panthers already had a QB1 and did not need Kaepernick. Tepper also said if that changed, they would certainly consider him.

That's an interesting decision on the Panthers part. Read the tea leaves at your own peril.

Archived